Elite Academy

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Elite Academy

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hey guys,

just after talking with a colleague at the office that also plays to ED (and offering to meet for a quick lecture on how to manage ED) I have wondered... would new players be interested on some kind of ED academy? (for those that come from EVE online, my idea is to do some kind of community such as EVE academy, for teaching the basics that will never appear on the tutorials).

What do you guys think about this?

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 9 years ago.

What a great idea. Yes I think it would be a great help not only to those coming from a different game but those just starting out in the gaming world.

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Good. I'll do the test tomorrow with this colleague and asking him, as a new comer, what does he wanna learn so materials can be prepared (as well as launching the idea on other player groups i belong) in case other players want to colaborate.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

sounds like a good idea, although how to do plan to teach others? im guessing something like a group skype call?

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Teamspeak. It is usually the best for this kind of things, since it allows the admin to mute people, "raise the flag" on questions and so on.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Teamspeak. It is usually the best for this kind of things, since it allows the admin to mute people, "raise the flag" on questions and so on.
- rivasilvercrown

Ah, thats a good idea - I didnt think of that. Is there much I can do? myself I dont have/use Teamspeak unfortunately.

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I have found about the "non profit" teamspeak licenses, and already have a server. Bouncing the idea with Mobius group too, in case there's acceptation. At this stage it is just an idea and, maybe, would be good to know what people would like to have explained to them.

If something comes from this... that'd be awesome, tbh Smile

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 9 years ago.

Might be an idea to actually be able to put a list of players together, people who are willing to go on friends lists everywhere, if requested ....

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Yes... that can be a possibility. But I still do not like that much the voice ingame voice system... after much testing, I have not been able to make it work Cry

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

it works for me but im not to fond of it either. sounds is not to great.

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Sound was designed to be like actual radio communications Wink

More related to the idea: finished the first "academy" with a friend. Given the big amount of information, game-wise, one idea is to define the scope of each "lecture" so they take no longer than 20-30 minutes on the beginning (and can be more organized).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

If you like me to post some news of this, let me know Smile

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I'm going to continue working on this idea and see if I can write a bit re the topics to take care. TBH i don't think it could start until the wings are implemented Cry (it was one of the issues we had: we were not finding each other on the system).

If any of you have ideas re the topics that could be useful for new players, just let me know Smile

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

i think waiting would be a good move i tried writing a message to roguey in game and i got a notification that a connection to roguey could not be establish. I really like the game but it needs a bit more it feal bare bones.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

i think waiting would be a good move i tried writing a message to roguey in game and i got a notification that a connection to roguey could not be establish.
- Rassyu

Well according to Gomorragh chat is limited to a 100ly range for some odd reason. Sorry for going off-topic.

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Good news: wings will be betaed soon... so this means that its development is on track. Re the chat... i had the same problem with some friends, although we were all on the same system. I believe they are still working on the connectivity issues.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.