Adding orbiting planets / stations(outposts/site)?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Adding orbiting planets / stations(outposts/site)?

InternetTAB

InternetTAB avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

When I was adding information for Zurukuruni I ran into a problem where I can't see how to add orbiting objects. For example Zurukuruni 4 has 5 orbiting planets and the Wolfe Settlement.(Disreguard this, I guess you just have to make it the same order number at the very beginning, editing doesn't switch it)

Should I stick to only adding station / asteroid belt info? Also, can we not delete system data? Now it looks a bit messy because instead of 4 A being under 4, it is right next to it. I tried making their order number the same.

p.s. whats the difference between stations, outposts , and sites? Station in orbit, outpost is not? Site?

edit, now When I added Wolfe with the same number it appears under 4A. Can't get both to appear under 4 though. I guess I am having trouble.

More troubles. When I add outfitting information I cannot add different ratings of the same stuff (I.E. Fuel Scoop With an E rating sells for 1k, while the one with a B rating sells for 20568, but the page here cannot list both.)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

where I can't see how to add orbiting objects
Can't get both to appear under 4 though. I guess I am having trouble.

well the 2d system map is pretty basic at the moment - it was something I made to fill up the space. I know I need to improve it but have been a bit busy. The ordering was a quick-fix to allowing you to order the planets/stations in the list, which I used for the map as well. The code automatically puts stations/outposts under planets, which I know isnt always correct. I didnt know if people would use it, however since people are I will improve it.

Also, can we not delete system data?

I didnt put a delete function, as I didnt want people removing sections encase they were valid. If something needs removing, then I can do it.

p.s. whats the difference between stations, outposts , and sites? Station in orbit, outpost is not? Site?

As for stations/outposts/sites, well to the site there isnt much difference. Stations are the full-blown structures, where outposts are the much smaller ones. Sites are like extraction points etc.

More troubles. When I add outfitting information I cannot add different ratings of the same stuff (I.E. Fuel Scoop With an E rating sells for 1k, while the one with a B rating sells for 20568, but the page here cannot list both.)

Should be fixed now.

InternetTAB

InternetTAB avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks for your help. And the site! I will be more careful adding stuff in the future.

You need to log-in to post here.