Ripping equipment prior sold yields more money?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Ripping equipment prior sold yields more money?

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

I got an Adder and loves this ship.
Maybe it lacks combat speed and its weapon power is quite too small but it did well in the last days.
But I can not carry enough cargo so it is time for a Cobra.

Now some numbers:
379.718 CR is the price of the Cobra.
566.890 CR will I get for the old Adder(incl. all equipment)
---------
187.172 CR I will keep after this.
177.956 CR I got alread as "cash" on hand.
-------
365.128 CR left with a new cobra..

But I tried to get rid of the equipment first to see if there is a difference:
743.966 CR Cash after everything sold or changed with the cheapest possible.

Again some numbers:
379.718 CR is the price of the Cobra.
057.481 CR will I get for the old Adder(ripped off all equipment)
---------
322.237 CR I have to pay..

743.966 CR I got alread as "cash" on hand.
322.237 CR minus the price for the cobra
----------
421.729 CR left with a new cobra..
==========

That's right!
Ripping my old Adder by hand gave me a "profit" of 56.601 CR!!

Dont tell it to the frontier guys Nod

[edit]
While the money looked enough.. it was not!
Now I got a lame Cobra..with a jump capability of 9 LY -.-
But with three times the cargo of the adder and a better view out of the cockpit Smile

oldfella54

oldfella54 avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Yes - its a good way of funding the next ship/upgrade!!

I think there's a 10% loss when selling/exchanging ships and the modules they contain - but a 0% loss when you trade down upgraded modules individually. Therefore you should always sell the modules back separately before exchanging/selling the ship (to avoid the 10% loss on everything).

At least for the moment!.......

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

When you just mentioned the 10%loss..
There is something like "condition" on most equipment but I never saw those values decreasing.
After the next battle I will have a closer look onto this.. maybe we can sell "used/damaged" equipment PRIOR repairs to see another difference Smile (to keep repairs somehow cheaper)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

I too read about the 10% thing somewhere, but didnt know if it was true or not. It seems to be true somewhat. Although after reading that, I do tend to sell all my upgrades anyway. Im glad its not working the other way - in some games you can lose money by selling them.

oldfella54

oldfella54 avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Yeah - at least you can try something, see if it fits your style etc and sell it back without loss if you don't like it.

I tried a Rail Gun and really regretted equipping it (as the saying goes I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn so was useless with the Rail gun - especially as it was soooooooo slow). I was really surprised when I could exchange it back at the Outfitters without any loss.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

I was really surprised when I could exchange it back at the Outfitters without any loss.
- oldfella54

They must hate me then, cos im always test-driving weapons etc. I dont any of the fixed weapons much as they miss too much. I did try a fixed type 3 beam and wasnt much better than a gimbal C2 pulse. I rather hit 80-100% of the time, than miss 75% of the time with a 50% more damage.

You need to log-in to post here.