ED in steam

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » ED in steam

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

As for today, Elite Dangerous has been added to steam Big grin it is a pity, as it happened with Eve Online, that those who are already owners of the game cannot add it to our steam library so we can, easily, play from any computer (and that the amount of hours we spend exploring the universe gets registered somewhere), but great so new players join the community (and makes it easier to gift).

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Pretty awesome stuff, glad they finally added it. In the case of Eve Online though it is better to use the non-Steam client if you have multiple accounts (most players do). But I understand the comparison. Hopefully they let us add our existing keys to Steam. Not a huge deal for me but It would be great to have the option at least.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well, I dont really understand why Frontier kind-of tried to hide the fact Elite is now on Steam. Even the news-letter failed to mention it for some odd reason.

Im guessing Frontier didnt want to give Steam-keys out (if they could help it), but after all the backlash I think they seriously need to do it now. Its understandable when some of the backers have spent £200+.

Like Sinxar said - the Steam-keys arent a massive deal at the moment, but if they start adding Steam cards, achievements etc. (which why wouldnt they?), then backers should have access to them (if they want them).

Funny how awhile back that David Braben said Elite wouldnt be coming to Steam, yet after 3 months he's gone back on what his said, although not for the first time. I really hope Frontier dont really start to milk the game, as I feel it would destroy it (DLC's, skins, in-game money etc.)

However Elite being on Steam is a good thing - more people, and easier to get now.

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Paysafecard works ok for steam ?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

It seems to according to Google. Apparently only in certain countries. You will have to Google it to find the details or just check Steam yourself.

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

It says that there r cards for Greece.

You need to log-in to post here.