Need some buying advice

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Need some buying advice

Bossie

Bossie avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi everyone,

I last played Elite in the 80's/90's(got wrecked often by police Vipers and Aliens iirc Sad )
For the past 4 years I tried to exterminate Paranid from X3TC universe without much luck.
I also played X2 The Threat, X3 Reunion and X3 AP plots, but keep returning to TC - still got
the Paranid infestation problem. Nod
I recently read some of your posts and comments on E:D. It does look like a good solid start for a
new Elite game. The problem is that it cost $60 i.e. ZAR720, which make it very expensive in RSA.
AAA rated PC-games average around ZAR300 to 450.($25 to $35)
Do you guys think the price will drop a bit in the near future or will the addition of expected
new content maintain the current pricing level?
Will I lose a noticable chunk of immersion by waiting 2 or 3 months before getting into the game?
Should I just bite the bullet and spend the $60?
I will appreciate some pointers from someone with some experience of E:D.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi there,

well it all really depends on you, how keen you are. Elite: Dangerous is an expensive game, as we tend to get a limited amount of choice with space-sims. The build up stage is good - getting bigger and better ships and upgrading them. You may feel there is a lack of content later-on; missions dont scale (will be changed in v1.3) and you may end-up grinding kills and credits. The major patches have been helping things but still there is more to be added. For the time-being Frontier have been adding more content - powers looks interesting (in v1.3).

Its worth mention that the online mode is a bit of a mixed bag. Online allows you to play with others, but not all can be trusted. However most people will work together, sharing bounties etc. (in wings). There are players out-there who solely try to ruin other people's experience. Not all, but some. If you want to stay away from that completely, then there is a solo and group mode. PvP gets mixed into online mode.

So if your a keen space-fan, then sure. If you are wanting to play sometime, then wait for more patches.

You need to log-in to post here.