A Xbox (PS when it hits) thread/info area?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » A Xbox (PS when it hits) thread/info area?

WereBeast

WereBeast avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

Was wondering if there are plans for a xbox1 threads/info page.

I have notice that some of the info that I have been looking for (Trade Helper)have been usful. About the same info like location, prices a little off, but still helpful.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, Wave

well, an xbox version of the site could be done, but without an API of sorts then im not too sure how the data would be collected. Its not like we could use EliteOCR on the xbox.

When you say the prices are a little out, how much? Prices do change anyway, so arent 100% accurate (unless just updated). I was thinking the xbox/pc galaxies would be very similar, just that the players couldnt met each other?

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 8 years ago.

My 2 sons and me are all on the Xbox 1 preview programme for E&D as well and have to say we love it. I have been using your trade helping via my tablet as it acts as a sort of companion app (talking of apps - any chance of creating a Android app for this)? It has been a very useful site but there have been a couple of inaccuracies, I can start listing them if it would help - for example the guide says Black Market is found in Clayakarma (Sinclair port) but not for the Xbox. Otherwise I find the information very very useful so thanks. Not many Xbox 1 players yet but it launched with Powerplay so I was really surprised that is new to the PC - we are already pledged and working towards galactic domination :-)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there @CaptainHeroic Wave

well unfortunately I havnt really looked into app's. The down side of apps is that you kind-of need to create one for each platform, android, iOS etc. So for me, its easier to do a web-page (most smart-phones / tablets can load web pages okay). I was looking into adaptive website design (a website that can change its layout depending on the screen resolution but it wasnt that simple to do (and some of the information may not fit - like the trade-helpers, cos its long lines)).

as for the inaccuracies, I was hoping there wouldnt be too many. I wonder if the PS4 version (out later) will have inaccuracies too. It would be possible to tag all the current data as PC only, then have separate data for the xbox. However without any automated way of getting the data, it would mean that it would have to be entered in manually. At the moment we can use EliteOCR to scan our screen-shots, to allow us to enter the data in much faster. However this wouldnt be possible on the console. So for the moment, I feel some what hesitant of creating console sections. There could be a number of reasons why the black-market has disappeared; maybe its no longer there, or the person who added was wrong (might of been a simple mix-up). Again if there was an automated way of getting this data, then maybe there would be less inaccuracies?

You need to log-in to post here.