ED good at solo mode ? Also lf good guides

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » ED good at solo mode ? Also lf good guides

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

Greetings.

I made 1 instead of 2 posts so I dont spam the forum Smile
I am playing Eve Online since 2004 and I thought that I could have a nice break by trying s/th new.
I tried X3 , X rebirth etc but I didnt like them much (yes I know totally diffrent games than ED).
Since I dont like pvp and I dont have much time anymore for team work etc I was thinking of getting ED and
play in on solo mode. I would prefer to play on online mode but I dont want ppl to go after me etc.
(yes I know that ED is different than Eve Online).I checked internet about solo mode but I didn't find much. I dont mind that it needs internet connection even for solo mode.

Anyone has tried it to tell me if it is good and fun ?

I am also trying to find some very cool guides about h to start the game , pick the right ships/weapons , what to do in game etc. I know that getting Elite for all 3 ways of play is difficult (specially if u play alone) but I dont really mind Smile With family and 2 babies I dont really mind to login for 1-2 hours to play and then go to sleep. hehe Smile I know that there are another games too but I am really interested in ED.

I am waiting to c any discount so I give it a try Smile Your opinion counts too Smile

Thank you in advance Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hmm, if you don't like the X series, you might not like E:D either. It is very similar except much more limited in what you can do.

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Problem with X3 was the graphics mostly and in x rebirth the main problem was the bugs. I wish X rebirth didnt have all these bugs. We r getting off topic though Smile My main consern is if I will get bored of it fast. Last years in Eve I play solo too but I dont mind.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Eve is a different beast entirely. Even flying solo there was things to do. Not sure if you count piracy as a solo activity (i always pirated solo) plus missions and trading.

In E:D all you got is trading and extremely low paying missions. I am not trying to discourage you from buying the game, it is just you should know what type of game it is before buying. It is a good simulator, but I just find it so boring. Everything in the game is just so repetitive.

I think they buffed mining recently as well but AFAIK the payout from the high effort mining is very low still. I think you can play the combat training or a demo for free. But like I said it is a good spaceship sim, just really boring to me.

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Thank you for our post Smile I hope more ppl tell us their opinion about solo mode too Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Well the thing is, that also applies to online mode also. The only real difference is less chance of getting killed by pirates in solo mode.

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

That is why I was thinking of solo mode Smile Good that they are the same. That means that more ppl will be able to post here and tell us their opinion Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

AFAIK Roguey and I are the only ones here regularly. You can ask on the official forums but it is heavily biased in favor of buying it at any cost. It is the greatest thing ever created to most people there. Actually look at the E:D subreddit, there is a diverse set of people there, asking the same question as you.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

well with ED you have 3 options how-to-play; solo, group or online. Solo is great if you do not want to see another person - which is sometimes the best option if you want to avoid people. Group-play can be good, if you find a group with the same outlook on things. As for online it can be a bit of a mixed bag, sometimes its great to meet over random people but there are others who simply cause grief (which isnt fun) or pirate in 4's. You can switch between all the modes at any time (keeping your cash, ship etc.). Equally in online mode you can join 3 random commanders in a Wing, to attack/defend each other.

I do admit its a bit of grind-feast at times unfortunately, as there can feel like a lack of content. Frontier have although been adding content and updating things. In v1.3 the missions where overhauled, as Sixar said they wasnt worth doing before (Elite missions can now offer 1+ million credits). Powers were also added, people you support for rewards/missions (ive been getting a weekly 5 million credits).

So it depends how you feel about things. If you like working your way-up, buying bigger ships, trading and learning then ED might be for you. But if you expect have a nice learning curve with shed-of-content all the time then you may not like it. For me, ED has been the best space-sim ive played since X3AP.

If you were looking for ED on discount then you just missed it, as it was in the Summer sale a couple of times.

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Powerplay - Solo game

I was thinking of making a new post but as I have said , I hate spams. xexe Smile
I am still playing ED and I go around doing trade missions for NPCs.
I was thinking of doing some fighting missions too but :
1) It seems that it is not clear what ship is needed for each mission (no matter what reward is given) and I hope it changes in the near future.
2) I think that for all kind of fighting missions u need to look around for the right NPCs and u don;t have
a bookmark where u can warp to and do your mission (Eve Online wise).

Since I don't like pvp I still play the game at solo mode.
I used to play with a friend oat group mode but he left gaem so I am back to solo Smile

Here comes my question :

Since I play solo , should I start playing powerplay or it doesn't matter since you need many ppl at ED world to change the stats of each powerplay NPC?
I am talking about two things :

1) Change his/her rank towards 1st position
2) Claim territories for his/her rank.

Thank you very much in advance Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

you can stay solo if you wish to play powerplay or not - everything is the same apart from not seeing other players. Your efforts will be treated the same whether you're in solo or open.

If you wish to see other players but not pvp, then you could think about joining the mobius group (which is a Dedicated PvE group).

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

So that means that I am just contributing to powerplay ranks and claim territory with all the other ppl ? If yes then I think that I won't try it. Kinda disappointment but anyways ....

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Whatever you do for powerplay will count for all game-modes, regardless if its open, solo or group play. This also means you can switch between them at any time.

You need to log-in to post here.