Trades update

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Trades update

Raylep

Raylep avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

How often do you guys update your trade info. Just made the dash to Virchow port and one got 900cr profit for my indium not the 3000 in the list.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

As often as users update it. If you look on that page you can see how old the data is by the colored dot. If you mouse over it (it is red in this case) it says it is 2 months out of date. Data that old is bound to be incorrect.

Did you fix the station prices while you were there? If not, then i guess it will be updated when the next person makes the same mistake.

Raylep

Raylep avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

I am new here. Not sure on how to fix it. But I will def keep an eye out next time.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

AFAIK there isn't a way to automatically import data from the game directly. I think there is/was an OCR program that would save it into file then you could automate it. I've never used it or even know what it is called or if it still works.

Blueoriontiger

Blueoriontiger avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

I'm not too far down the neck of the woods from it right now (doing the Bento community rare good trade thing), I'll swing by and update it. I'll update the entire system while I'm there.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, well trade data usually comes to us via EDDN nowadays, using various programs. However since the launch of Horizons the updates have been much less (1,000+ a day to 50-100). Im guessing its because Frontier may have stopped the API for mobile devices, that many people were using.

You can see how many updates are done on the statistics page.

Blueoriontiger

Blueoriontiger avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

A lot of things has changed in Frontiers, and in general its frustrating a lot of people. Even people like me who hasn't bought Horizons, a lot of things have been switched around.

As for me I don't have experience updating with dev tools, I quickly screencap with Fraps and update the numbers by hand. Of course when you run across a completely outdated station, it takes a bit longer.

Raylep, BD+15 176 is completely updated. Have fun! Off on my merry way.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

EDDN is back up from what I have heard. Check out Elite Dangerous Market Connector to take the hassle out of updating systems by hand. I have it installed but haven't had a chance to use it since EDDN has been busted.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

Can you send a link to were i can download EDDN please,not to sure if i have the right one.Thanks in advance

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

EDDN is back up from what I have heard.
- Sinxar

EDDN itself was ever down, however the companion API was (used for Apple app). This meant the ED Market Connector no longer worked - many commanders use that because all they have to do (once logged in) is to push a button for all the data to be sent to EDDN.

Can you send a link to were i can download EDDN please
- MacRaven

you can not download EDDN, EDDN is a place. However you can download various software (like EliteOCR, EDMC, etc.) to send information to EDDN. This in turns updates all the sites listening on EDDN.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

EDDN itself was ever down, however the companion API was (used for Apple app). This meant the ED Market Connector no longer worked - many commanders use that because all they have to do (once logged in) is to push a button for all the data to be sent to EDDN.
- Roguey

Thanks for the clarification. I'm pretty noob at all of this.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

Im such a noob,just trying to contribute

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

dont worry guys, I was merely correcting you guys not trying to make you look bad Smile

im no expert at it myself either.

You need to log-in to post here.