Interdictions, strangers and that wedding party

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Interdictions, strangers and that wedding party

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

One thing I have noticed since Horizons appeared, I have been playing solo play for a while as my friend is too busy with RL to play. Before Horizons would get interdicted 3-4 times day on trading runs and umpteen offers to follow a stranger to a strange place. Now I was interdicted this morning, first trip after logging on, nothing since and no offers from strangers, just the longest wedding in the universe is still going.

Probably tempting fate mentioning it but any body else noticed the same thing?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

ive been trading on and off the past few hours and seen a wedding as well that has been going on for what seems like forever. Pretty sure it was happening yesterday too. But no I've never gotten offers from people in space. I am getting interdicted at about the normal rate though. A good way to get interdicted is to be loaded up with something valuable, say 100 tons of gold then go afk a second to use the restroom while making a long trip to a station. 100% chance of interdiction when you start to pee.

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

yeah its like waiting for the post and a parcel you had on order for weeks, they have special meter that tells them when you enter the restroom and as soon as you close the door, they knock on the outside one. Been carrying beryllium. palladium, admittedly for some reason, a lot of tea and liquor guess even in the vast future Tea and Alcohol rule. My asp only caries 80 tons now I put a Scarab in the garage.

Found an outpost while wandering on the first planet I landed on, tried shooting up the wanted sentries but they beat me to a pulp so went and got the ship, that taught them.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

I been getting intercepted often. I n my viper mk3 i can run or fight..If they shoot first then i try to shoot back ik possible if not then boost and supercruise.

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I had fun in the cobra while I was in it, died quite a few times too though but no risk no gain,. Asp is slower and less manoeuvrable but got a bigger punch.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I noticed small ships like eagels been doing interdiction lately. Does any one know how long a eagel vs cobra mk3 ladts? About 1 minute and if takes 20 seconds for me to slowdown to target them then fire. . A pyrhon interdectined me last night , about all i can do was run then boost till fsd could get me out.

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I was doing the rare trade route as shown by salesman (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101211) and got killed 3 times in one day, I was in an Asp Explorer and got interdicted by an Imperial Clipper twice and later that day by a Federal Assault ship, needless to say it was a bad day, I nearly out ran the assault ship but my engines got taken out. Stupidly I thought well the Clipper just killed me in that system he will have moved on but no he was still there. At one point I was sat under the Clipper hammering away at him with pulse lasers and multi-cannons, his shields went down, must have hammered away for what seemed like ages but probably 10 seconds, normally enough to kill anything I have come across before, but he just turned nose on to me, bye bye, time to go back to Go, do not collect your cargo bonus.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Does anyone know how long a eagle vs cobra mk3 lasts? About 1 minute and if takes 20 seconds for me to slow down to target them then fire.
- Scott

lol yeah. I got an Imperial Eagle to play with. It has a medium hardpoint on top so I put the best gimbaled multicannon I could. It is funny when a Sidewinder interdicts you and dies within seconds to the multicannon. Very powerful gun for such a small ship. Fun to fly though.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Yes the eagle was fun

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

ok got a another question. Does the wedding ever stop? Be nice if it happen then went away lol. Ok Number 2 in my com panel I will have some guy wanting me to follow his wake to talk, I presume you go and get into trouble .Has any one ever done that?? Also how do you respond to type 9 heavy buying teck guns etc? i can not seam to be able to ask questions.

You need to log-in to post here.