ship weapons

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » ship weapons

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

I have a cobra mk3 i put turrented pulse lasers on top and gimblled multicannons on bottom. The turrented laserschanged everything , the guns lock on the target and folliw it shooting when in tange the mukti cannon on shoot ehen i shooy. Had anyone else use turrented guns where they can or just gimballed?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

Turrets can fire in any direction (as long as their vision isnt blocked), as they are mounted onto a movable platform. The downside to turrets is they are weaker (when firing). Myself I stick to gimbal because they do more damage (when attacking), and im spinning my ship around (my laser bank is recharging). However many commanders do use turreted-weapons. I dont really recommend turreted multi-cannons, as they can be a bit wasteful of ammo.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

I only use multi cannon if I. control them. Had a pair of cannon on cobra worked good when they hit but expensive to rebuy ammo. multi cannon hit good and are cheaper ammo. just put a pair od tri burt lasers on turrents drain their shields lot faster , might keep them .

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

I use turreted pulse and bursts most of the time just because i'm a lazy fighter pilot lol,and i'm not very got at using the flight assist ,it seems awkward on the mouse and key board for some reason but i use gimballed kenetic to complement the turreted laser weapons.The turreted lasers are very good at smaller ships as they out maneuver you.
Python:2xC3 turreted pulse laser
1xC3 turreted burst laser
2xC2 gimballed cannons

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

I also tried turreted weapons and switching flight assist off but flew like a pig on a frozen pond so went back to gimballed all round, putting it down to old age and reflexes getting up and going with no forwarding address.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

I know how you feel LMAO

You need to log-in to post here.