getting rid of bounties

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » getting rid of bounties

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

Ok guys if i get a bounty on me short of be killed how do i get rid of it? Been hanging out in res area making a few extra bucks. Couple of time accidently shot wrong ship got s 400 bounty on my head that get expensive since i have couple hundred grand in claims then i lose that plus the ins claim . Even tried going to dock then docking got scanned going in. Help

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Bounty

The bounty system was changed when I was away last year. You used to be able to pay them off but now there really is no choice but to wait or do the sidewinder thing. I found it easier to just wait it out in many cases, guess it depends on how big the bounty is.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

well if you accidentally shot a friendly ship, then its not a big deal. After 10mins it will say (clear on H-JUMP). When it does, youre be able to clear the bounty by jumping to another system (regardless of where). If you have a larger bounty, you may need to pay it off at station.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

well if you accidentally shot a friendly ship, then its not a big deal. After 10mins it will say (clear on H-JUMP). When it does, youre be able to clear the bounty by jumping to another system (regardless of where). If you have a larger bounty, you may need to pay it off at station.
- Roguey

I seen somebody else mention the jump thing but I've never seen it. Is there a specific way you have to do it?

You cannot pay off your bounties anymore either. Apparently it was changed with the powerplay update.

Jahones

Jahones avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

The dev's should remove that menu then.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

You can still pay your fines though. Just not bounties.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

can you not just use a cheap sidewinder, smash it up and swap back to your original ship to get rid of a bounty? it costs 32,000 but usually cheaper than the bounty.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

Have done that

You need to log-in to post here.