Has anyone spotted a Cobra mk4 for sale?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Has anyone spotted a Cobra mk4 for sale?

Stonx

Stonx avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

Hi,

Since the update I can no longer find the Mk4 Cobra for sale. I've outgrown my Mk3 and its the only plausible thing to upgrade to until I get a few extra million in the bank.

The Shipfinder on this site says that they are sold at both Eravate and Kremainn but they are sold at neither of them?

Help please!

Regards,

Stonx

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Don't know what to tell you. It is there. Cleve Hub in Eravate.
Picture

The MKIV is generally considered a downgrade over the MKIII though.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

BD-15 447 Good station

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well.. we did just have a big update which could of effected things. It defiantly effected EDDN, as im not seeing all that much data coming in about ships or equipment atm. Hopefully that will change soon but its out-of-my-hands to be honest. When we get more up-to-date data, then this wont be so much of an issue. It might even be the servers themselves adjusting to the update too. Ill keep an eye on things.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

I don't get it, what does EDDN have to do with it? It is there so it would have to be that the OP isn't able to buy it because they don't meet the requirements (having elite base game and bought horizons before Feb 5) or they overlooked it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

EDDN provides information on where you can buy and sell wares, equipment and ships. What is for sale can change often (especially ships and equipment). In the past couple of days we havnt been getting a lot of information about ships, so it could be old data. The patch could also change whats for sale, as sometimes they reset certain areas.

ps. I kind-of forgot about the requirements for the cobra mk4. You cant buy it if you have horizons? only if you purchased before a certain date? if so, that does sound silly. Its not like its that great anyway.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yeah it was a bonus for preordering Horizons and you already owned the base game. It does suck from what I hear. Haven't given it a proper shake though but I can't foresee any situation where I would want it over a MK III.

Stonx

Stonx avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

I can confirm it's not available to me at Cleve Hub, Eravate. I bought the game plus horizons but only did it a couple of weeks ago so maybe I don't qualify for it?

I am mainly a trader but I like to have enough speed/firepower to at least have options with the perpetual interdictions I'm getting hassled with. I want more trading room than the 44 that my Mk3 Cobra has but without sacrificing much else. What would be the next "jack of all trades" ship that the game will let me purchase? Nothing that I could get for 2 million I'm sure!

I could afford the type6 Lakon but it looks sluggish and defenceless compared to the mk3!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Indeed that is the issue then.

Man I thought the cobra had a higher max cargo than 60. Haven't flown one in so long I forgot. I see the MK IV would be good for some rare trading with 88t cargo and a 24LY unladen jump range. That is shieldless OFC. With the upgraded AI it would be suicidal I think! I just about got shot down while flying in to check the ship location. Apparently I logged out sitting on a planet about 500 LY out of the bubble in an exploration Asp (tiny shields and no boosters). Interdicted by a Python. Good thing I was a lot faster got me down to 75% hull before I lost him.

You need to log-in to post here.