Is anyone having this problem with new update?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Is anyone having this problem with new update?

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

I got taking out by a "competant" Adder and "dangerous"Cobra in my A Rated Python? I mean they beat the S#@t out of me,real quick.Then a "Dangerous" Asp almost took me out down to 40% hull damage just by him self.WTF is that!!! Is this a problem? Also i died by somehow shooting a friendly and die instanly no time to even get away,12 million gone!!

Edit:Did some more research online line and read lots of the same thing....is it a Bug or just the way it is?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hmm.. that doesnt sound right. I do know they messed around with the AI but shouldnt mean you get beaten up by a single Asp. Two ships is always a bit harder because of how the game has been designed; ie. an 5,000,000cr ship isnt x156 times better than an sidewinder - of-course its better but not that much (so be careful about wings). Its usually better to let the wing get argo from another ship, then you can attack each ship without fear of both ships attacking you at the same time (unless the argo ship gets killed).

also the python doesnt have the best of shields. For one of the big ships it actually a bit on the weak side-of-things. If youre looking to do solid combat, maybe look at the vulture (5m). The python is a good kind-of alrounder but is a bit of a jack of all, master of none.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

Thanks you Roguey,i did not play a whole lot of the Beta and didnt know much about the AI update but we have to pick and chose are fights now very carefuly and a "danderous" Asp is very powerful now,we just cant go in the fight thinking its a easy kill anymore.It was my bad not knowing about the AI.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

indeed, and I think NPC's will use more equipment too; like boosters, shield banks etc. so, yea NPC's are much harder to kill now. They also run away to recharge their shields.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

I hope to see some videos from you soon in the future on and about the new feature in 2.1.Keep up the good work buddy

Hidemasa

Hidemasa avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

As the comments on the link below says, they changed the AI, so high rank oponents are way more harder and they also have engineer upgrades on their ships, better stick on low-res zones for bounty hunting, and security forces are also affected by this, they respond almost instant to hostile behavior and are also way more stronger

http://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/357287304423124451/

I got my hand full on a dangerous rank sidewinder, got him killed but took the same time as killing a wanted anaconda and I managed to escape against a Diamondback Scout that left me with 8% hull and i'm flying with a Fer-de-lance ffs
After this i'm going to sell my Fer, buy an Asp and go explore lol

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

My Asp (now combat fitted) got wrecked by an Imperial Eagle (Dangerous ranked). Four small beams and two medium multi's had a lot of trouble breaking its shields. He two shotted my shields down, he was using rails.

Yeah NPC's got a major upgrade for sure. He was very good at keeping range too, tried to keep me at around 1.5km so my beams had trouble hitting him. The cops ended up taking him out thankfully. Need to bring out my vulture and practice. Haven't played in some time so I am very rusty.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well guys i dont feel bad then ,we are all in the same boat lol....just spent 3 hours looking for arsinic(finally found some in Bonitou 2 and Bonitou 4) to increase my jump and i did not know this but you can only have ONE mod at a time on a piece of equipment.I increased my Python from 16.25(18.52) to 16.98(19.35) but then i strengthed my FSD after that also.....GRRRR back down to 16.25(18.52) heading out again to go find me some more Arsinic

Hidemasa

Hidemasa avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

Dunno if this AI update affects all the ships or if is only in Hi-Res sites, maybe if someone could test the warzones to see if AI is improved there as well

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

Good afternoon guys. Not sure if I am in the correct place to ask this but I was mining at Ross 720 nice quite spot no real bad guys, plenty of cops on hand and suddenly up comes a Federal Gun ship, he scans me and he comes up clean and bang my shields are gone in seconds (I fly a nearly A rated asp explorer) I get a few shots off hardly do any damage next thing you know I am back in the station with a new ship and a 800k bill and lose 70 odd tons of Gold into the bargain. So can we expect more of the same ??? just for the record I am neutral, mostly harmless, merchant, mostly aimless, class of 84 and I was not expecting this at all Thoughts please Gentlemen Mike out

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

AFAIK the new AI is intended to be that strong. Haven't seen anything about them changing it, so I am going to guess it will be like that forever.

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Hi Sinxar not worried about the strength WE will have to get bigger and better just the clean scan and then WHAM have Some!!! not nice but now we know, thanks for the reply Mike out

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Fairly sure some pirates are clean when they first drop in. I've seen a handful since horizons came out but can't recall any before that. It was more common in RES sites where they would come in and scan other NPCs then attack them (thus becoming wanted).

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Roger that Mike out

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

There was an update today nerfing the AI equipment,it was announce today on the ED forum ,i would give you the link if i knew how lol.Its a good read They are listen to the community in the forums.
MacRaven out

Found it:https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=257892

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Ah that explains it. Was doing missions and was surprised I didn't die instantly to a Dangerous Anaconda. Still had to run though (in my Imperial Courier).

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.