Lasers keep firing

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Lasers keep firing

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

Good evening All, my mining lasers appear to have an annoying glitch they keep on firing when the trigger is released . The problem is if you cycle to the next fire group too quickly and that is a prospector drone, the power seems to be still on and and off goes a drone at a rate of Knots never to be seen again!! so Gents is this just me or has anyone else had the same problem?? Any advice would be welcome Mike out

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

what controller are you using to fire with?

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Hi and good morning I use a Saitek X52 every thing was working fine until I started mining its not too bad a prob just annoying, I used to have the main weapons in the next fire group and if I absentmindedly changed the fire group four Lasers would burst into life and scare the HELL out of me so I put the prospector next and if I fire one of them off I just sit there using very ANGLO SAXON words and bashing the desk not a pretty sight Sad so if you can help that would be great Mike Out

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Have you made sure its nothing to do the joystick itself? sometimes the button can become a little stuck, not releasing when it should. If its not the joystick, then im not too sure. I dont personally know of this happening myself but I dont tend to change fire groups all that often (primary and second is usually enough for me).

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

That was it !!! striped the stick down and found a sticky micro switch inside the trigger sometimes the answer is just too non technical thanks for that, your never too old to learn cheers Mike out

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

That was it !!! striped the stick down and found a sticky micro switch inside the trigger
- MajMadMike

Ah, thats usually what the problem is. glad you fixed it Smile

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Thanks again it was as I said annoying and could have the potential to get you blown up as it was the same with the main armement I managed to strafe a FED cop as he passed between me and the intended target Confused Sorry officer Mike out

You need to log-in to post here.