Mining reserve life span

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Mining reserve life span

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

Good Morning All. Mining??? personally I like it, if you find a good system with what you want to mine in it with the correct ship and I am talking on the lower end of the ship spectrum here, say Asp Explorer and below (not in the Anaconda market yet) things can be good to very good. I have been taking home 750000Cr + from an 1.5 hours of mining in a Cobra MkIII and I can defend myself as well as I proved last night to my great satisfaction!! But I digress the Question I would like to ask is how long does it take for a system to go from say Major to Common and so on down the scale or are they likely to stay the same, is the mining we do in game having an effect on the reserves? Hope that makes sense Mike Out

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

woh, so you can make around half-a-million in a hour mining now-a-days? I did try it a long time ago, but never really made much from it and gave it up. Although now I have a lot of money (in-game), that there much faster ways for me to earn money now.

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Hi Roguey yep if you find a good system and are very picky i.e the three Ps gold and Osmium to order and Only those no silver or below and an industrial station paying 70k + for panite its very possible. I turned in 15 tons of painite 10 of platinum and 7 0f palladium. Thats well over a million Cr. The question above still stands though how long does a system’s reserves last? I am saveing up for a Beasty Vulture then I am going to get some pay back time on the pirates in my area and one day who knows mining in a Anaconda Big Grin well I can dream cant I Mike Out

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 7 years ago.

well, ive not seen any pristine reserve systems turn to major yet so will be a while, hardly anyone actually mines the things

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
konstunner

konstunner avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

Hi Roguey yep if you find a good system and are very picky i.e the three Ps gold and Osmium to order and Only those no silver or below and an industrial station paying 70k + for panite its very possible. I turned in 15 tons of painite 10 of platinum and 7 0f palladium. Thats well over a million Cr. The question above still stands though how long does a system’s reserves last? I am saveing up for a Beasty Vulture then I am going to get some pay back time on the pirates in my area and one day who knows mining in a Anaconda well I can dream cant I Mike Out
- MajMadMike

Hehe, I used to play Eve Online constantly before I started Elite: Dangerous. The corp I was in would do industrial stuff, and pretty much the bulk of our time was spent mining in that game. It is pretty easy, and relaxing. I used to love mining, because I could watch movies while I mined, taking the occasional break to watch parts of movies for 20 or 30 minute spurts. Good stuff, bro. I like how mining is in this game, or how it looks, at least. You have to actually point and aim. Asteroid belts look stunning, too. I like to fly through them and dodge the rocks sometimes while I'm exploring (needless to say, I sometimes take damage doing so lol). In Eve, it would be almost completely automated, kind of like a space version of EverQuest (if anyone has ever played that game, you know what I'm talking about). It does get quite boring in Eve, which is why I had to quit. I miss my crew, though.

Anyway, I don't know the answer to your question. Sorry :/. Are you asking so that you can plan on which sustainable belts to mine? I wish I knew... but as I have stated, I spend the bulk of my time either *attempting* to find high-end modules, or exploring the Milkyway. God, I love space.. I've *always wanted* to explore the cosmos in real life. I love this game lol

Fly safe, Commander.

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Good day Gentlemen I visit this board nearly every day just to see if anyone would reply so two in 24 hours was a surprise thanks for your input, I dont play any other games at the moment as I am running a mac as i need it for other things and could not stand Microsoft any more. My old rig was getting a bit tired and the mac version of Elite runs very well and looks great on a 5k screen. Gomorragh I think your correct in saying they do not change I have not been mining for about a month and when I went back to the same place today it was unchanged I have been away for a while so I have some catching up to do. Konstunner I played this game back in 84 its changed somewhat but as you say its a great game. I dont have access to Horizons or engineers ect but it is a stunning game, sometimes i find myself just looking at the sky thanks again for your thoughts as you say fly Safe Commander mike out

You need to log-in to post here.