A question about the statistics

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » A question about the statistics

konstunner

konstunner avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

Greetings, everyone.
I'm kind of confused about the statistics for modules on this website. If, say, it says that statistics for a certain class of fuel scoops or frame shift drive (or what have you) have been updated, say, 10 minutes ago, does that mean that it was seen as being in-stock ten minutes ago? I have been visiting stations that have been updated 35 minutes ago, but none of the modules are available. It couldn't have been that someone bought all of the available modules in that station 35 minutes ago or less.. or ten minutes ago. If it doesn't mean that it is available when it has been updated, then how can I see if it is actually available in the station(s) that have been very recently updated? None of the stations I am visiting (recently updated less than an hour ago) have the modules I am in need of. I've been searching for at least a week, based on the updated statistics. It is excruciating lol.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hmm.. that is odd. Ill guess you check with other sites and the same thing is happening?

The updated x minutes ago, simply means a fellow commander was on that station/outpost sent a report to the Elite Trading Network. Most of the big sites pickup their data this way, instead of relying on manual input.

What platform are you playing on? Xbox? PC?

konstunner

konstunner avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

hmm.. that is odd. Ill guess you check with other sites and the same thing is happening?

The updated x minutes ago, simply means a fellow commander was on that station/outpost sent a report to the Elite Trading Network. Most of the big sites pickup their data this way, instead of relying on manual input.

What platform are you playing on? Xbox? PC?
- Roguey

Yes, I've been docking and landing over and over in other systems continuously for many hours tonight... from the statistics on this website and eddb.io. I see, that makes sense on how it works. I am on a PC.
I actually thought you had bots going around and reporting the statistics Also, there have been a few instances just after the maintenance early this morning where it had updated a minute before I traveled to a system that said they had it, and each time I visited those systems and stations which had just been updated a moment before, there was no sign of the aforementioned modules.. for like at least a 1 1/2 - 2 weeks now, lol

So even if I look up a specific module and hunt it down because the statistics were just updated, then that doesn't mean that recently a commander had docked in an outpost/station and the API reported that certain modules were in stock? It just means that it had updated in general? lol how the hell do i find these modules, ughh! lol
Maybe there's a bug? Or maybe it's not compatible with the PC version? I don't know :/. Is anyone else having this problem, with being completely unable to find higher-end modules... in any system, no matter what? lol

Thanks for replying, Roguey.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

I actually thought you had bots going around and reporting the statistics
- konstunner

damn, you know about my secert army of bots... my plans for world domination will have to be put on hold..... doh!

So even if I look up a specific module and hunt it down because the statistics were just updated, then that doesn't mean that recently a commander had docked in an outpost/station and the API reported that certain modules were in stock? It just means that it had updated in general? lol how the hell do i find these modules, ughh! Maybe there's a bug? Or maybe it's not compatible with the PC version? I don't know :/. Is anyone else having this problem, with being completely unable to find higher-end modules... in any system, no matter what? lol
- konstunner

I do know equipment modules can change fairly often, however if they have been updated 5-10 minutes ago, then they should be there. If you were seeing the same thing on multiple sites (so I havnt screwed up something), then it would suggest its the data being posted by the commanders or EDDN. Atm there is a beta running; I do wonder if some of that data is being mixed together? hmmm... ill have to check into when things are little less busy. I cant see if solo/open effects which modules are sold?

Thanks for replying, Roguey.
- konstunner

No problem, always nice to know whats going on from others incase there is a problem.

konstunner

konstunner avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

I actually thought you had bots going around and reporting the statistics- konstunner
damn, you know about my secert army of bots... my plans for world domination will have to be put on hold..... doh!

So even if I look up a specific module and hunt it down because the statistics were just updated, then that doesn't mean that recently a commander had docked in an outpost/station and the API reported that certain modules were in stock? It just means that it had updated in general? lol how the hell do i find these modules, ughh! Maybe there's a bug? Or maybe it's not compatible with the PC version? I don't know :/. Is anyone else having this problem, with being completely unable to find higher-end modules... in any system, no matter what? lol- konstunner
I do know equipment modules can change fairly often, however if they have been updated 5-10 minutes ago, then they should be there. If you were seeing the same thing on multiple sites (so I havnt screwed up something), then it would suggest its the data being posted by the commanders or EDDN. Atm there is a beta running; I do wonder if some of that data is being mixed together? hmmm... ill have to check into when things are little less busy. I cant see if solo/open effects which modules are sold?

Thanks for replying, Roguey.- konstunner
No problem, always nice to know whats going on from others incase there is a problem.

- Roguey

I was thinking that perhaps some commanders are either wrong in their uploading of the data, or I would even suggest that they are tampering with it. I'm not sure how it works, but yes, you can rest assured that it is not just your website.

konstunner

konstunner avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

I actually thought you had bots going around and reporting the statistics- konstunner

So even if I look up a specific module and hunt it down because the statistics were just updated, then that doesn't mean that recently a commander had docked in an outpost/station and the API reported that certain modules were in stock? It just means that it had updated in general? lol how the hell do i find these modules, ughh! Maybe there's a bug? Or maybe it's not compatible with the PC version? I don't know :/. Is anyone else having this problem, with being completely unable to find higher-end modules... in any system, no matter what? lol- konstunner

Thanks for replying, Roguey.- konstunner

- Roguey

I am sorry. I made a big mistake. I was looking at the wrong slot. I'm sorry.. it was me being dumb. lol

-kawn

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

I am sorry. I made a big mistake. I was looking at the wrong slot. I'm sorry.. it was me being dumb. lol
- konstunner

No worries at all, it happens. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.