PS4 RamTah mission questions

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » PS4 RamTah mission questions

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

there was a thread regarding completion of this mission in solo.

Have a T6 and would like to try if I had some guidance (newbie)

Have not fired a shot in anger yet so dogfighting skills are unknown lol

Prob have enough cash to get what is needed.

Do not have a buggy yet so have no skills there.

Presently heading to Maia to try and get some meta alloys for the engineer but apparently it can be done without their upgrades (i think)

Have a Cobra 3 as well but I assume the T6 would be a better option?

Anyho any help would be appreciated, I know it is a lengthy project but that does not worry me.

Bazr (PS4)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

Which Ram Tah mission are you doing? the one were you need to collect samples etc.? or the one were you scan those obelisks - or did that end? Confused

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

hi mate, i did not know there was more than one, just down a few threads is the one i was thinking of, which I believe the obelisks are involved...supposed to be worth 200mil if you finish it!

It was done on solo mode.

and while I am here, on my way to Maia to get some meta alloys a little story lol

was doing passenger missions along the way and forgot I had changed my fuel scoop for a small cargo bay

got to a place where there were no stations within range so instead of quitting I joined the fuel rats...WHAT A BRILLIANT GROUP..this newbie really tested their patience and I rekon they beat Jobe by miles lol

had to type it all as I had no mic on either the pc (their website) or my PS4 (game)

this guy finally arrived after a multitude of instructions to me...step by step.....filled me up and even directed me to the nearest station (7 jumps) this was my first time in open mode and you guessed it...as soon as the fuel rat disappeared whilst I was sitting dead in the water reapplying my modules some prick attacked me, only thing I could think of was to quit..well I had to survive 7 seconds I think but it worked

yeh coward I know but I survived and on reboot into solo made it back

end of story ( sry if this sort of thing is not done here, just let me know )

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

There has been a few missions - the most recent being collecting some alien samples. The obelisk mission was a bit of pain; it was very confusing as players in group/open play got rewarded for another persons scan (usually not the same scan). Not long ago oken_pierre was doing the obelisk missions, see here. Myself I never completed it, gave-up after like 60-70 beacons.

Sorry to hear about running out-of-fuel. You have no idea how important fuel is in Elite until you dont have any. Good to hear the fuel-rats are on the PS4 version too. A bunch of really nice guys I hear.

As for open, yea that happens quite a lot. Most of the time there is no real reason for it. This is why I tend to stay away from open, and play in either the mobius group (PvE group) or solo. It gets worse when a wing of 4 decide to attack - there isnt much a single ship can do.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

oh so open is really like that ! what a shame! I wrongly thought the Mobius group fly WAS in open.

Will definately play with Moebius there when I evemtually get a good ship, have joined the ps4 Moebius group ver 2 but need to learn more before I do any community flying.

I do not mind a grind as I am a stubbon b and will at least keep going just out of spite lol so I intend to at least start the ram tah thing.....did my first buggy venture to get some minerals for the repair and refuelling. (bit of a laugh as the controls are different from the ship with throttle and guns reversed for some reason.

and I now have the mission to start the thing after landing in Meene, decided not to continue to Maia for the engineer mission until I do this one.

Thanks for the update Roguey, you have a great site with great stuff to use, well done !

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

yep oken_pierre was the guy I was referring to,hoped he might have chimed in here.

Q. can you turn back on a star and rescoop to fill right up?

Just did the long way, (nearly 100 jumps (on economical) so I guess I am still scared of running out of fuel haha.( not one station the way which was pretty scary!

But I guess I have plenty of scans to hand in as long as I stay alive, came close a few time looking for those artifacts, luckily i brought along 2 buggys..got back once with about 30 seconds of air left!

now I have to work out what to do next, the scans look complicated, also I am at some ruins and they do not look like the map I have.......enjoying the game though.

When you fly with others do you use a mic and earphones?

Pity the bosses cannot get rid of the idiots that are spoiling the game in open, surely they would have been reported ?

all the best to you

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

I was hoping that oken_pierre might of posted something too, as I know he completed the mission recently.

of course, you can fuel-scoop the same star multiple times. You should be able to leave the route planning on fastest, just untick L, T, Y, Proto and Carbon stars from your star-class filter (in the galaxy map). As long as you got a fuel-scoop onboard (even the smallest) then you should okay. Obviously if you have a small fuel-scoop then you will be spending a lot of time gathering fuel... unless, you are using economical routes so you can scan lots of stars on the way?

Myself, I dont tend to fly with anyone to be honest. So no mic or headphones at this stage. I did think about streaming however.

As for open, well not sure what to say. If Frontier start policing it, then people would argue that its not free-to-do anything; I think you got to accept that sort-of thing is just part of open. Myself I think the better solution would be a PvE option on the main menu rather than the Mobius group. I have nothing against the Mobius group, just that I would think more people would use a PvE option. There is obviously demand for such a feature. I dont see solo being the solution, especially for an always online game.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Thanks, and I agree with what you said about open!

A mic and headphone setup would have helped with the fuel rats and I assume when flying with anyone else it would be mandatory, dunno, am new to online stuff. always said I would not play online but as you stated the games always seem to now require online even when there is solo play. eg last game I completed was horizon Zero dawn, no idea why it had to run online.

You need to log-in to post here.