Whufc2012 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 6 years ago.

What r the ratios for crew members

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

NPC or Multicrew? need to be more specific about these things.

5% for multicrew trade profits - it is the default 5% you would get from the wing bonus. - source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/385474-Multi-Crew-Payouts

Ranking up a crew means they get a 1% wage increase. So going from Harmless -> Mostly Harmless means they go from 2% -> 3%.

This is very helpful if you want to train them yourself. There are 8 Pilot's Federation combat ranks: Harmless, Mostly Harmless, Novice, Competent, Expert, Master, Dangerous, Deadly, and Elite. This means training a Harmless pilot (who starts at 2%) all the way up to Elite takes 7 ranks, which is a 7% pay increase for a grand total of 9%.

If you hire an Expert pilot and train them to Elite, they start at 12% and need 4 rank ups to get to Elite, ending up at a 16% wage.

Potentially, with 3 Elite pilots, the biggest wage difference would be 21%. 3 Experts-turned-Elite would be 48% wage, and 3 Harmless-turned-Elite would be 27% wage.

source - https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/5a83lu/pilot_payout_scaling/d9eigdh/

Whufc2012

Whufc2012 avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Wing trading

Whufc2012

Whufc2012 avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

I have 2 wing members & we have just completed a trade transport job how do they get paid??

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

5% for multicrew trade profits - it is the default 5% you would get from the wing bonus. - source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/385474-Multi-Crew-Payouts
- Sinxar

Now when you say "wing trade transport job", do you mean a wing mission? If so they will have their own rewards when they turn in the mission. Which as far as im aware is their full share (reward amount divided by wing size - but of course you can select different rewards that don't affect others payout) regardless if they done any of the work at all.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

can i ask what is the recommended/most popular crew to hire first, i was thinking maybe harmless but do not know how easily they will die haha, also how long does it take roughly to promote them ?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Yeah i think so. IIRC if you hire at harmless then train to elite they take less of your money. Some people just hire the highest level pilot when needed then fire them afterward.

I haven't really had that much issue with them dying a lot at low levels. But it seems to be random though, just whenever the NPCs decide to focus on the fighter, then just launch another one! As for time needed, well my personal experience is that it is fairly slow but nothing like ranking up yourself. I got one up to dangerous once but i think i fired them because of how much money they were taking since i hired at the highest level i could. I have one now that is up to master from harmless. Not sure how long that took though because the time was split between a very long break from the game. Google isn't being that helpful either.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

thanks mate that is good info, also did not know you can hire/fire.

do you find yourself in the fighter more or the crew?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

I rarely fly the fighter myself because i don't trust them to fly the cutter or vette and not die to an asteroid, this is a major hazard with the cutter. That being said, they are actually not bad at flying the mothership. If anything they are better than me since they fly FA off. Sometimes i'll take over the fighter to dock it since it seems like they take ages to dock for whatever reason. Another thing is they are good with fixed weapon fighters so there is some extra dps gained by letting them fly those types. Me on the other hand... yeah if its not gimbaled i couldnt hit the broad side of an anaconda tbh.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

more good tips for me, thanks

on Ps4 i am grinding for the engineers and have elite explorer but no combat pts as yet, picked up the federal ships when they were discounted, python and type10 and I think all of those could be use for combat.

hehe yeh, i imagine gimbals for me as well

have not even tried FA off yet so if that is needed for combat then I m gonna have to at least have a go at it.

that will be a learning experience no doubt.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Oh nah FA off isn't needed. Useful but not needed, looks cool tho. If you want to try it though there are a fair few vids to help you get started on Youtube.

Here is a vid of Isinoa, my favorite FA off youtuber. This is an old one of a CQC match.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

man that guy is good !

You need to log-in to post here.