Adding Objects to planets

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Adding Objects to planets

HNSxSKY

HNSxSKY avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

I need some help, im trying to add a surface base to a planet and I have no idea how to do it.

CMDR High_Skies

HELLHOUNDS CORP.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

hi there,

thanks for adding any information to the database about planets/stations/etc. Awhile back the process was completely manual, so adding planets, stations etc. was only done by a person. A little while later - EDDN (The Elite Trading Network) was created. This allowed data from the game to be sent to a server, were you could listen for information. Since this method became so much better, I removed the manual method of adding stations, planets etc.

So what object are you trying to add to a planet? admittly POI (points of interest) arent sent via EDDN, however all surface stations, etc. should already be there?

thanks,

HNSxSKY

HNSxSKY avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

I was trying to add GODDARD LAB to planet RHEA 1 A in the RHEA System. It is not a planetary station but a base with mercenary activity

CMDR High_Skies

HELLHOUNDS CORP.
HNSxSKY

HNSxSKY avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

and there is an option to add an object but if you try to it just says the name is too short

CMDR High_Skies

HELLHOUNDS CORP.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I can get a look into whats happening with add object. However there wont be any merchant bases, etc. on the site because EDDN only sends infomation on landable stations/outposts/bases. So I wouldnt worry too much about them. The more important thing is adding information and distance data (as these arent provided by EDDN) but is very useful for trading etc. thanks

You need to log-in to post here.