Best way to make money

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Best way to make money

Bloodmass8

Bloodmass8 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 3 years ago.

I’ve tried pretty much all aspects in the game to make money except for passenger transport and after seeing the distance I have to travel I’m gonna have to say no thanks to that but after experimenting I actually found exploration more profitable to me than than mining as well as a lot more exciting that mining as well. COmbat is very low profit unless you take the big missions and are good at combat and don’t get me wrong I’m not the worst at combat but I’m far from the best. Trading is very profitable even if you don’t do missions but after about 15 or so runs in a ship that turns worse than a guy in a wheelchair without arms. So I’m just wondering if I can do something more profitable while also having fun. Also allow me to note my WiFi is very bad and I don’t have Play Station Plus so I can’t play with other CMDRS.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 3 years ago.

if you are just after quick money maybe look at the Robigo passenger run to Sirius atmospherics....just a couple of jumps without having to land there and good profits using a Python.

Does get very boring after a few runs but good for a quick cash build up.

if you want there is a heap of info if you do a search.

Bloodmass8

Bloodmass8 avatar
Posted 3 years ago.

What system does this start in

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 3 years ago.

Robigo....this is an old post but should still be relevant.........

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/8yp8jm/robigos_back_how_to_make_120mhr_easy_low_barrier/

good luck

NoSoulKing

NoSoulKing avatar
Posted 3 years ago.

I've honestly been mining, which could net me 12M for an investment of 1.5 hours.
Doing Community Goals with trading, I've noticed a short trip in my python could net easily 3mill for an investment of what feels less than 5 minutes.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 3 years ago.

I've honestly been mining, which could net me 12M for an investment of 1.5 hours.
Doing Community Goals with trading, I've noticed a short trip in my python could net easily 3mill for an investment of what feels less than 5 minutes.
- NoSoulKing

Yikes, I haven't mined since the nerf, is really not worth mining at all anymore? 400m down to 12m seems excessive. Pretty sure just killing pirates in a Haz Res is better.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 3 years ago.

yep the bounties have gotten a good boost in pay...about time !

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 2 years ago.

Doing Community Goals with trading, I've noticed a short trip in my python could net easily 3mill for an investment of what feels less than 5 minutes.- NoSoulKing

Yikes, I haven't mined since the nerf, is really not worth mining at all anymore? 400m down to 12m seems excessive. Pretty sure just killing pirates in a Haz Res is better.

- Sinxar

Try wing missions!

If you've an FC then search for the cheapest selling hi value commodities and load the carrier up to the gunwhales with them ... Then you can park up at your planet of choice and take whatever wing missions going that want what you've got stored up without having to scavenge about for them.

250 mill per hr is not a remote possbility but a fact.

For instance, I just bought 4900t of Bertrandite at an infrastructure failing station for 1,2 mill (Less than 10% of average price) per 700t+ Cutter cargo and stored it on my FC. Took seven visits to load (30 mins in all) but when I translate that into 7 X 700t X 50 mill credit wing missions ... you do the arithmetic! And to compound the felony, my wing mate and I do them solo and share each other's wing missions so we each get a double bubble return.

I've got so many billions of credits that I don't know what to do with them! Might buy every ship going just for the hell of it!

We were mentoring noobs from the Pixel Bandits but they just wanted the creds without contributing to the missions in however small a way they could manage ... they would then go off and buy a Conda/Cutter or Corvette as soon as they had enough creds. Then they wondered why they promptly went out and got killed ... without the rebuy!

So we stopped doing it ... experience, like hindsight, you only ever get after you've made the mistakes!

We formed our own Sqdn.; Interstellar Dealer Initiative Of Trading Ships & Combat Operators (I.D.I.O.T.S. & C.O.) We were originally planning on calling ourselves Astro Navigational Alliance League Ships ... Until my missus pointed out the bleedin' obvious. ;o) We are on the Faction List as IACO

Cmdrs Brading and Skydog1

SpicyGun

SpicyGun avatar
Posted 2 years ago.

if you are just after quick money maybe look at the Robigo passenger run to Sirius atmospherics....just a couple of jumps without having to land there and good profits using a Python.

Does get very boring after a few runs but good for a quick cash build up.

if you want there is a heap of info if you do a search.
- Bazr

No it is not anymore... and if you are a new player, you don't have a python (yet)

but the runs with cobra are not that good profit.

if you are new player, and go to Robigo, then do the ground wars. (level high) they give you like 10 to 12 miljon.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 2 years ago.

i endorse the wing mining missions also..it appears to be the latest way to make money
With the occasional session involving a few wing mates a couple of billion in one session in not unusual

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 2 years ago.

Agreed Baz ... you don't even have to mine anything! You can just buy the stuff and pay it in as a mining mission

You need to log-in to post here.