Hi Again!

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Hi Again!

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 2 years ago.

Hello everyone! Seems like years (and probably is) since I last posted here. I see Baz is still about.
Well I finally made my EEE rating ... which to be fair was a bit of an anticlimax ... Where do you go from here?

Luckily my game buddy Cmdr Brading screwed up and lost all his gameplay stuff and went back to zero a few weeks back. We've now got him back up to speed pretty much where he was before except for his rankings of course which is something only he can achieve by himself.

Wing missions is the trick ... for anyone not in the know those 'mine blah blah tons of whatever' can be accomplished by buying the stuff if you hate mining with a poassion ... as I do.

Anyway, just thought I'd stick my oar back into Roguey to see how things were going. :o) Skydog1

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 2 years ago.

great to see u back again !!!

yep still around....whilst I am still playing the game I will always check in here to see if anything happening ....yeh it probably IS years lol.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 2 years ago.

Holey Moley, you guys! I have been gone I realized for almost 18 months! But am back! I got my Quest2 and am trying to get back into the ED Galaxy, but am having all kinds of issues with this...non-pairing, pattern issues, you name it. I will get it! Anyway, I am still back in the dark ages, and just want to restore to where I was when I left. I lost my dog which took away all gaming instincts for 8 months, then I sold my home in Wisconsin, bought a new one in Midcoast Maine, and had to move urggggg. Plus the new gaming system is a bear, then my Logitech Hotas went out...so have a new one coming...

So, what's new? Skydog still around?
Safe skies and Moon Pies, Commanders!@
Kiki Pitts

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 2 years ago.

G'Gay KP...good luck with getting it all going again.

it is always sad to lose a dog...very sry!

Have not heard from Skydog lately.

I updated to a thrustmaster Warthog hotas and am really happy...was looking at the Virpil but very expensive so when a good deal came up on the Warthog I took it.

Ingame I mostly play Odyssey now, the on foot combat is fun..especially with mates, one drag though is the grinding for mat upgrades which I rekon is worse than Horizons.

Also I took the plunge and finally purchased a carrier...not because I really wanted one but the sale price was too good to pass up.

stay well and all the best
Bazr

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 2 years ago.

im very sorry to hear about all the problems, especially losing the dog Cry I do hope things have got better for you.

Anyway, great to see you around again. Any pictures of the new gaming system? Smile

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 2 years ago.

Hey, alive Commanders! This is like old home week...I do have rigpic how do I put it in here? Like this? [https://imgur.com/a/xWPOau1]
You may remember me as being the one needing all the help lol

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 2 years ago.

Well, I Still have not gotten it working for ED. I had it in 2D and it was hilarious...I got into my sidewinder that I had for a while just to see (not going to get into my Python or Krait etc.) but could not navigate...bounced around inside the station as only one side of HOTAS was working, then accidentally shot off my cannons trying to use keyboard frantically, and got blasted to pieces by security and wound up in a detention center....all in about 30 seconds LOL

I have had big issues with Quest just signing in...but finally conquered that with a factory reboot - Warning - when they first have you connect dots, do not forget what you did...it is your passkey from then on when you sign back in. Not happy with this Facebook tie-in...what a mess...but if it is the price to fly with you guys...

So, now I have to figure out how to get this into VR immersive. Soon, I hope.

Will keep you posted. Heck, I have forgotten so much. I was getting really good at coremining too...loads of fun.
Kiki

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 2 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your dog KP :o(

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 2 years ago.

Good to see you're all alive and well, sorry to hear about the dog

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 2 years ago.

Kiki is back...whining as usual... I decided to escape Midcoast Maine Winter (f'in brutal!!) and went to Panama City Beach, Florida, for 3 months. Didn't take my rig.
Just ret to ME yesterday. For Christmas my honey gave me an Oculus Anker Charging Station! Now that is way cool - You have a little plug for the headset so it matches the charger, then, after you replace with their rechargeable batteries for the controllers and new battery doors, just plop them into the recharger and boom chocka locka! I love not having to stop and replace batteries or charge up the headset. I gave myself the new logitech hotas for my birthday...29 but who is counting? I have yet to use anything! First I have to get ED into VR <==#1 goal. Then #2 I have to get out of detention and go find my ships...I think they are at Shinrarta Dezhra. #3 Relearn everything. #4 try out this new Odessey. I hear controversy but have always used HOTAS so not affected. Interested in meeting someone in person via Avatar. By the way, Guys, thanks for all the sweet sympathy...it was a B.E.A.R. - helped by getting another Cocker Spaniel, Daisy. A real sweetie and a pistol. She cannot replace Coco, but she sure helps a lot! They each have their own personalities, just like Peeps, ya know?

See ya on the Neutron Highway...and, as always, "Safe Skies and Moon Pies, Commanders!"

Kiki Pitts

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 1 year ago.

Resounding silence...but am used to talking to myself...I am in a relationship after all. lol Well, here is the catchup...I finally get into my new Quest gear, but am having a bitch of a time (I am allowed to use that term, being one ;-) up uest to ntil yesterday. BACK UP a few months: [I have a HOTAS PC setup] Am trying to get the new Quest to integrate with the PC, and all I can get is a 2D interface, and I have to use the keyboard commands...so, after spending 35 of my 45 minutes of my schedule to get into a ship, I decide to fly a bit, although in 2D and using keyboard rather than HOTAS. I am in some station, and in a Cobra (??) not my beautiful Python. I lift off and am bumping into stuff trying to figure out how to navigate inside this station and accidentally shoot off a laser inside the terminal and then hear the dreaded, "Warning you have violated....." and "3 - 2 - 1" BLOOEY! lol. I "come to" and am in a Detention facility somewhere wanting to know if I want to re-purchase my ship! I shut here down.
Month later: I finally get into the VR (no idea how) and am in a Cobra sitting in the dirt on some godforsaken planet. How did I get here???? I am not remembering how to run the whole shebang as the HOTAS settings are not mine. I find a landing pad on the other side of the dirtball, but cannot remember how to land on this outpost.
Shut her down again.
Yesterday, I did some websearching, remembered how to get permission to land but am now sitting in outer space because my "graphics will not show planet surface." I reboot our wireless. Get back into cockpit and discover a Beacon's something or other station, navigate there after overshooting twice as cannot remember when to kick out of Hyperdrive. Get into station automatically (this must be new as I did not have to set anything). I have had my beloved python and imperial clipper transported to Beacon...took 20 minutes, so got offline.
Will be back on, learning my controls...do a bit of mining to refresh my "muscle memory" of the game and be back to my old self.
So, catch me out...out of the game for two years...
Should I buy a carrier? Why? Should I try Odyssey? Is the personal shooter game that good?

take care, Commanders!
Safe skies and Moon pies...
Kiki Pitts

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 1 year ago.

Hi KP...do not fret..it is par for the course to endure what you did...I just laugh it off now lol

Odyssey yes get it...opens up another game basically...missions, combat, both space and on foot planetside....downside is there is more grinding to get equipment etc.
But still worth it imo.

I hung off with the carrier and only grabbed one when they had a special deal a while back.

Bottom line is they keep your fleet in one place so you virtually have a mobile hangar..pretty handy

AND..they are indestructible.

also handy for stocking up zillions of cargo such as mining or carting a crapload of stuff for profit (I know you can handle the bad language )

They have a good jump range.

The upkeep needs to be watched if your credits are not great..I did not play for a while and when I came back I had nearly lost the carrier as I had not left enough money in the kitty....they repossess it if you cannot pay the money.

Wing mining missions if done with a couple of mates can get you billions in a very short time...like a couple of hours.
No mining has to be done..it is just a buy and sell deal....do a few searches and you will get the idea.

I have a Warthog hotas and love it...the VR i use only when mining or traveling but that is only because i tend to panic when controls have to be accessed quickly ....especially if I have not played for a bit ...I tend to forget which button/lever haha

Must say I am not up with the latest as I am tending to play Elden Ring lately when I can get to the pc

sry i have basically repeated what was posted before but at least you done not have to scroll up heh

all the best

You need to log-in to post here.