I gave into Space Madness today

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » I gave into Space Madness today

iegarpong

iegarpong avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 year ago.

Tonight I logged in to continue my expedition to some nebulae. I have been honking, mapping, and grabbing exobiology samples since leaving the Bubble. I had just reached the 3rd stop on my list, the Trifid Nebula. I stopped by an icy moon for a photo op with the nebula in the night sky with some geysers and vents nearby to spice up the picture. It was at this moment that I was seized with a compulsion. The urge to step onto a spraying geyser.

"Surely," I thought, "my jet pack will help slow my descent after my glorious ascension."

For you see, I am a fool. Several kilometers above the moon I was just on I realized my error.

Said error cost me tens of millions of credits in exploration data. 7,000ly worth of diligently mapped planets, moons, gas giants, and a further 1.4M worth of exobiology data.

Gone. Tweakbox Appvalley https://vlc.onl

Learn from my mistake. Months in the black will do things to a CMDR's mind. You must be vigilant!

I am on my way back to the Bubble now. Hopefully, I will arrive in time to help defend the homeworld, or at least watch the Bubble burn should the bugs prove too much.

You need to log-in to post here.