I have some questions about exploration

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » I have some questions about exploration

samenchav

samenchav avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 12 months ago.

So, just for context, I am not exactly new to the game, but I still want to consider myself new as I was playing on and off on console and only started really playing consistently on PC back in December. Here's some questions, and I am just curious about them. Maybe someone can shed some light on them.

When I have been exploring, I don't see a lot if variation in the stellar movement. I know the galaxy we play in is a 1:1. But has anyone found places where these planets are legit visibly moving? (Like a sun that is rotating fast or a planet that moves around its sub incredibly fast? I'm just curious, really. I know that relative to our size, we would hardly see it as we approach from space, but on the surface, can you detect that kind of movement on some planets that are the exception?

I know fleet carriers are super expensive. I just dont know enough about them. Can you use one as an exploration base. Essentially, moving it around, collecting resources and items as you go, rescuing pods, etc. Or are they limited to the bubble and Colonia?

Bonus comment and maybe xvideos something Fdev should consider. And this is not a question. But when I land on a planet and it has biological life to scan, sometimes it's a really super pain in the ass to find when there is just one (I know I could skip it but I am stubborn). It seriously would be nice to have a scanner that can at least point us in the right direction to where they are. In our SRVs, the current scanner really only picks up resources and what the game would consider a point of interest, which is not the biological life. I just think that would make it less than a slog. Like there was one planet, I was there for 2 hours trying to find a spot on the ground! Makes exploring sometimes tedious to have to do that.

You need to log-in to post here.