Unprovoked killing

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Unprovoked killing

subhash06

subhash06 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 months ago.

I’m really struggling with this game, I want to like it but it’s brutal at times. I’ve been playing entirely peaceful, building up rep with a major faction by doing peaceful missions. I don’t attack ships or fight. I’ve spent 80 hours of my spare time building my rank so I could get a SOL permit. I arrive at the system and head to Earth just to see what it looks like. I was slowing down and got interdiction but because I was slowing it exited and said I had submitted which I hadn’t planned to. Then a ship without provocation or communication started firing at me and literally blew my ship up in about 10 seconds I had zero chance of defending myself given the disparity between the ships and wepons. I’m now really asking the question as to whether I continue with this game it’s not fun at all when I’ve been entirely peaceful, I’ve got no bounties, cargo nothing. Just been exploring. Seems really unfair, they should be some kind on in game police force especially for new players like myself VidMate .

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 months ago.

was it another player doing it, or an NPC?

if its another player you could use solo mode. I know some people dont like to-do that, but its often unfair for both - you get killed; losing of credits, and they dont really get much either (all a bit pointless). However some people are hell-bent killing players for fun,

If its an NPC, well sometimes they wont leave you alone. If its due to a mission, you could abandon it; or simply exit to the menu and resume your travel (that often gets rid of them).

You need to log-in to post here.