Sell my AspX, buy a Phantom?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Sell my AspX, buy a Phantom?

khazal22

khazal22 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 5 months ago.

Someone make this easy for me. my Asp gets 40ly jump range on a full tank no cargo, i have plenty of money to buy a phantom but im apprehensive to replace my lil asp, what are your thoughts on the two as exploration ships 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 ?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 5 months ago.

The Krait Phantom is a pretty good ship for exploration - it gives you a few more choices for equipment, equally using Anaconda gives you even more choices and a little more jump-range.

Weather to buy the Phantom is down to your position in the game; if you have enough money buy the Phantom to have a play with (keep the Asp), then do (the Mk2 offers some extra hardpoints but looses range - better for combat). If your looking at going through the upgrade path (your next ship), then the Phantom is a nice ship; well worth it (I tried it recently and it was a nice steping-stone).

Techically the Anaconda is the best exploration ship due to its range and choice, but I do find the bigger ships can be a bit cumbersome (slow to turn and big space needed to land). So I do like the Asp as a quick, nippy and easy to park on planets. The the problem, there there isnt simply one choice for each role, and ultimately your reason for buying it makes all the difference.

rosiewilsonnsjh

rosiewilsonnsjh avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 3 months ago.

The Asp Explorer is a solid choice for exploration with its 40ly jump range, but the Phantom offers some improvements such as better maneuverability and a slightly longer jump range. Connections Game

You need to log-in to post here.