Hello and a question

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Hello and a question

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hia, finally got around to registering on this most excellent site (I find myself using this site like I used the X3TC.ru site (all the time!!)), my question is; How do you 'un-modify' you game if you want to go back to hunting achievements or just want the vanilla experience? I've only got 2 mods running, MARS (gods I love that mod) and the Enhanced Mission thingie.

I probably knew at some point but age is taking its toll >=)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Once a save-game has been tagged modified, then you cant remove the modified tag. The only way to stop this is to make a save before you installed the mods, although going back countless hours isnt much fun either.

thanks for your kind words, its appreciated!

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Roguey, although I was a bit unclear, how to remove the MARS/EMD so I can start a new game and keep it vanilla?

Can you simply delete the things you extracted into the /addon folder?

On another note, I've been reading about capping (again...) and wondered if any of you might know if the things the NPC bailing thingiemajig says about bravery etc is taken from the vanilla part of the game or is something the mod adds? (sorry about the convoluted sentences =))

EDIT: second (or is that third?) question; Missiles...I have had fighters bail from missile hits, have anyone had any luck getting caps from missile fire?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh, to uninstall a mod/script then just delete the files. Hopefully the mod/script didnt replace any of the official ones, although if it did then I think in steam you can tell it to check the files, and it will automatically download any missing ones (right click -> properties -> local files).

as for bailing, I dont know the exact formulas - just when the hull is down to 89%, there is a chance the pilot could bail. Xenon ships bail much less, and there is no mention of a bravery stat.

and as for bailing from missiles, it is possible to do. I used to do something like that with wasp missiles on a M3 (if I remmeber correctly). Its just that the missile needs to do hull damage (even if its just 1 point), for a chance of the pilot to bail. The pilot will not bail when his shields are hit.

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Roguey, I'm gonna go experiment Smile

alienskin

alienskin avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 5 years ago.

Alien Dance 1 Wave

You need to log-in to post here.