Missilesmissile boats

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Missilesmissile boats

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey,

I have a question concerning missile boats. I have created a custom missile boat however i have noticed if there are multiple of them only one will ever fire at you at any one time.

I know this has to do with a script that calculates how many missiles would be necassary to destroy your ship (i think thats right any way). Or its another script. If any one would have any incite into what determines this or how it could be changed so that multiple missile boats fire that would be really helpful!

Thanks,

Miles

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

well Im not totally sure. Ive never seen M7M go-in an economy mode - normally they just keep firing missiles until the target is dead, or they run out of missiles. Sorry I cant be more of a help.

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well its not that the missile boats stops firing (they fire far to much haha), its that only one fires, ones its missiles have hit you or been destroyed it will either fire again or the next one will fire.... I want to change it so they sort of coordinate there missiles strikes, each fire a bunch of missiles as it were...

btw, i feel like a fool, i only just noticed the sub thread for scripting and modding, apologies for not posting this and my previous posts there!!

www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

coordinated M7M's? geez, I thought one of them was bad enough, let alone 3 or 4 doing coordinated attacks on me. By the sounds of it, egosoft put something in to try and stop that from happening.

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hahah yea for the bsg mod it would be cool! (although usually i would agree haha) I dont mean that they all fire the same amount of missiles at you, i just mean instead of an m7m firing 10 missiles at an m2, if its in a group say 5, each missile ship would fire 2. The damage would still be the same but it would look better! Its kind of stupid how one fires and the rest sit there like nothings happening :P

www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, That does sound much better - and I guess that would also help with missile ammo usage too (sharing the load between multiple ships). However AI scripts arent my strong-point - I usually avoid them.

You need to log-in to post here.