Weapons: Trail effects, bullet effects

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Weapons: Trail effects, bullet effects

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey i have as usual further questions Wink

Im thinking of adding in some custom trail effects to the mod, however i cant figure out where on earth these effects are stored and therefore how to add new ones in. Does any one have a clue?

Second question concerns the look of the actual bullet. Now i know where they are stored and i can load the object into 3ds max, however im not quite sure how how to texture it so it appears properly in game. If any one had any incite that would be great...?

Cheers,

Miles (apologies for all the posts roguey :P)

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh, bullet trails.. I had a lot of fun trying to get them to work, however it is possible to do (as I made PPC bullets have trail effects). Its been a long time since I last did them, so my knowledge will be a little thin now.

The trails themselves are defined in types\Particles3. Each entry is defined as following:

MatID;u1;v1;u2;v2;Density;RndVariation;DirX;DirY;DirZ;MinSpeed;MaxSpeed;Lifetime;MinSize;MaxSize;

Then I think you add the trail number to the types file (like missiles, or lasers). After that I think you have to setup a scene to include the entry and define new trail-entity in in types\bodies. Although at this point my mind is going into guessing, cos its been like 2 years since I last did it.

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Cheers for the reply! What i dont quite understand is where is the actual effect stored? Bullet effects are stored in effects\weapons, where are the trail effects stored? Or have i misunderstood something?

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

where are the trail effects stored?

hehe, re-read the above post Smile

RobertSchafer