Custom laser tower

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Custom laser tower

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Quick question, does any one know whether it would be possible to implement a custom laser tower? I can see there is a separate class of 'ship' in the x3editor2 called lasertower, and i can see the laser tower ware in the twaret file. The problem is they seem to both be linked to a picture id and model file with string 504.... Im going to hazard a guess and say that to create a unique lasertower you would have to create a new string that would link the new input in tships of your custom lasertower to the ware in twaret.... However i have no idea how or where this illusive 504 is stored... Any ideas?

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. depends what you want to do. If youre thinking of adding it as a ware, so its buyable then I think both entries are hard-coded (to be linked to the wares file). However if you want to position a stationary one, then just make a ship with zero speed and tuning and add it to the maps file (like the defence structures - which are actually ships).

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ahhhh yes i did want to do it as a ware, thats a petty. yea the only way would be as a defence structure. Oh well. btw had to push the release back a few days due to some bugs i found and because im still waiting for some elements to come in. Would you mind if i posted a link here once i do release it? probably wednesday!

www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

of course you can post any links/pictures here etc. just please dont bump the post. Awhile back I was trying to encourage mod teams to post news.

as for the ware idea, there other ways around it - like a hot-key script. This could check for a certain ware onboard the ship, then create the 'ship', -1 of ware amount. Its not ideal but it would give you a similar result, and allow to buy/sell and deploy (although no re-pickup unless you did another hot-key script).

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok thank you Smile im not sure what you mean by bump the post... as in dont post to much to place it at the top of the forum? (if thats what you mean dont worry, i dont post much unless i have a specific reason)

ahhh that sounds like a good way around it. Im still not very good at scripting though haha, do you have an idea of a script that works in a similar way, allowing me to use it as a base for my version?

www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

oh, bumping a post simply means you write something small (usually the word bump) to get your post back at the top of the list. Bumping posts add nothing to the topic, unlike meaningful posts. People usually think that bumping posts means they get more replies. This happens in the steam forums quite often. Feel free to post as much as you like, as long its not spam Smile

as for hot-key script, cycrow guides will help you;
- Cycrow's Scripting Guide,

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Couldn't you make (or don't you have already) an area of the forum for posting mods? You can only post a thread about a mod, but people wouldn't need to bump the thread as the area would be for only mods, no random posts...

I will be the one to take you down!
RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@ roguey ahhh thought so, yea dont worry that wont happen! thanks again. And brilliant will have a look at the guides

@randomtank yes we have various topics on the egesoft forums along with all the other mods that exist for the x3 series, but not everyone knows that!
edit: must have missread your post, that was meant for roguey right? :P

www.x-battlestar.com
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah it was meant for Roguey lol! I think it would be a good idea to have a mod section on here, as some people that use this site but not the Ego forums might want to download and leave feedback/ideas about it!

I will be the one to take you down!
RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I do agree with you but its up to roguey, although i think if he had thought it a good idea he would have already implemented it!

www.x-battlestar.com
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I wouldnt mind creating a mod section at all, but I wonder how many mods would use it. If just 1 or 2 then it might be a bit of waste having a separate area. It may be better to make a board for your mod instead?

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

i do see what you mean, but having another place to promote a mod would be very useful, especially since most are limited to the egesoft forums. What do you mean by board?

www.x-battlestar.com

You need to log-in to post here.