Soundtrack IDs

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Soundtrack IDs

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, a simple question and I guess the answer is simple too, though I don't know it!: How to change the sector soundtrack IDs so as to control the soundtrack for each sector?

I decided to put some of Rebirth's music to good use! (at least I could put those soundtracks into better tracks!), that's why I'm asking. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

well bung the music into \soundtrack folder to start.

now edit the universe map and change m= to your new number. ie (8101 to another) - below is x/y (0,0) so Kingdoms End;

o f="4" t="1" x="0" y="0" r="2" size="14000000" m="8101" p="1247631758" qtrade="100" qfight="100" qbuild="100" qthink="100"

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Wait... but I don't know how to do this, sorry, how to edit the universe map. And what does the other parameters (f, t, r...) stand for?

And cheers for the quick reply. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

well extract all the files, and look inside the maps folder.

Open x3_universe.xml and take a look. At the top-line of each sector you should see something like the above. If youre just changing the music of various sectors, all you need to worry about is the x,y and the m parameter. I know r is race and p is population, as for f and t im not 100% sure. t might mean if its got text?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank Earth, thank you! as if the Goner would say. Smile
or simply Thankssss.

But one more thing please, how to extract the files, does the pdf you referred to in the other post explain how?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You will need ModManager to extract all the files (another of doubleshadow's tools). Im surprised you dont already have it, cos its very useful.

Once you have it, open up a dat file (starting at 01), then extract all. Keep doing it until you get to the last one.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

That's it, thanks.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey again, do you think using X Rebirth soundtracks in an X3 mod (that will be released later) is OK? or egosoft might object? Roll eyes

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

best thing to do is to ask egosoft (Bernd), although I would doubt he would be keen to be honest. Music is a touchy subject (when its copyrighted) - you need permission to do anything with it. Simply copy 'n pasting the mp3's for a X3 mod would be classed as redistribution, rather than fair-usage. Unless you have a very good reason for doing that, then I wouldnt.

I would suggest looking for royally-free music instead. That would save a lot of headaches in the long-run, and is much easier. It wouldnt hurt asking the author if you could include the music into the mod (always good to know you have their say so). Most royally-free music authors would be probably okay with that, as long as you credited them.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well then I've got an idea:

I would make two versions of the mod. One version implements soundtrack IDs for Rebirth soundtracks, for those who have their own copy of the Rebirth tracks, and they could then install them manually (I'd include a 'readme' file to show how to rename the music files correctly Deal). The other version of the mod implements another set of soundtrack IDs for music of my choice (a royally-free like what you've suggested), to those who don't have Rebirth tracks.

Would that be a problem too?!! Roll eyes hopefully not.

ps. I meant to use Rebirth music for two reasons, firstly it's so wonderful and better suited to X3 than non-X music (and its a bit hard for me to pick up the right music for the game). And secondly there are many X3 fans (like me Smile ) who aren't going to play Rebirth and would like to have its music in an X3 mod.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I agree that Alexei Zakharov does some really brilliant music for the x-series. I cant see a problem with telling people how to move the music themselves - as they would need to own both games. Although you may find some really great royally-free songs too.

You need to log-in to post here.