Custom new resource that can be mined....

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Custom new resource that can be mined....

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey again,

I have a quick question, is it possible to create a custom resource (bsg related again,resource called tylium ore) and make it possible to mine this resource?

Miles

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi RobertSchafer, I presume you know how to create a Nividium Mine (and make it available for sale at a specific shipyard)?

So I'm actually asking the same question you ask!

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Making it available is simple, but im not familiar with the way asteroids work. Are there specific asteroids of a specific type (i.e. nividium, silicon ect) in the x universe that are spawned at the beginning of the game at a specific point. Or is it randomly generated what asteroids have what resource? How is the asteroid linked to the ore type found in twareM?

Miles

www.x-battlestar.com
RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

done some more research and found the following: That asteroids, there position in the universe and what yield they poses (ore, silicon ect) are all defined either in x3_universe.xml and x3_universe_debris.xml. Apparently they are shared between the two, sometimes the asteroid is defined in only one, sometimes in both.

Ive looked into both of course, and although i can see the mines listed, i cant see anything to do with asteroids...

Could someone confirm the above plus highlight anything else that may help?

www.x-battlestar.com
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm not sure either but maybe the in-game galaxy editor could help? as it handles the x3_universe.xml and x3_universe_debris.xml files, you can then change the yields of asteroids in various sectors as you like, though I haven't tried that, but I'm not sure how to add a custom mineral to the list so as to make specific asteroids have the yield of that mineral. Any ideas? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ahhh of course the galaxy editor, always forget about it :P if what you say is correct, you can simply go into twarem, right click select new or copy paste an existing resource, change the name ect, then use the galaxy editor to add in this new yield!

www.x-battlestar.com
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

OK could you give link(s) to tutorials/guides on how to use the in-game galaxy editor? I'm still new in modding.

And do you use the DoubleShadow's X3Editor2 for modding or what tools do you use? and, by the way, what tools are used for editing dds, bod and bob files? I guess you have some experience in modding, Miles, so any help would be appreciated! Smile

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Heres a link to some galaxy editor tutorials: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96337

I use x3editor2 yes, it allows you to do most things, although for scripting purposes you can either use the in game script editor or there is one around somewhere that does not require you to go in game, cant remember the name or find it at the moment though.

dds files are basically textures that are used to 'texture' the various objects you find in game. They can be viewed with most image editors although you will probably have to download an extension that will allow you to import dds files!

bod files are usually 3d models, in other words the objects you see in game. Extract them from the game using x3editor2 and you can import them into 3d modeling software. I would suggest using 3ds max. To import a bod file however you will need a further extension called dbox2 (google it). Once you have that and 3ds max you can simply import the model and export it. This also allows you to create a new model and export a model in bod format!

www.x-battlestar.com
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh thanks, much appreciated. Big grin

You need to log-in to post here.