Importing XR Music in the mod? :)

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Importing XR Music in the mod? :)

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

As we all know, music in X Rebirth is better than game itself, so at least me and Roguey (hope so) can import that music Big grin. What do you think?

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Dillpickle

Dillpickle avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

This will be a major no no, and you'd probably find yourself being jumped on heavily by Egosoft.

CBJ stated on the ES forums:

Modifications to X3TC files for use in X3TC are allowed, as are modifications to X3AP files for use in X3AP. If someone wants to take things such as plot missions from X3TC and use them in X3AP then that is also acceptable since owners of X3AP must also own X3TC. Aside from the technical limitations, with required features in the EXE and OBJ files for X3AP that are not available in X3TC, permission is not granted to "back port" features from X3AP into X3TC.

I don't think they'd be very happy about you releasing Rebirth music with an AP mod...

Picture
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey XeNoN is that your idea too?! cos that's the same question I asked once before and Roguey knows that. Wink

But... man I'm going to do that anyway for my mod. :p

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ill put the music in my personal mod then xD...
Raptor add me to steam please i have some questions about modeling if you know how to do it.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi XeNoN, I'd be happy to help whenever I can, please ask any question in the forums here and I'll give the info I have. Smile but for steam, sorry mate I don't use my steam account to be honest, and even rarely use my egosoft account, lol I know it seems a bit odd but for x-universe I prefer to help and get help here instead.

As for modeling, I may edit/modify almost everything in the game except two things: modeling (cos it takes much time and effort) and editing the exe (and dll) files. Smile Besides I'm still learning scripting and MD.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Raptor@
Oh, but you do know how to model right?
Anyways i got question, im trying to import already engines to Xenon V, he has only x 6 fx_engine_emmiters is it safe to delete them and add new ones? Ill import killerog ones either orange or red ones because they have already fixed Material6 with dds.
Anyways i hope you understand the question XD.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I always stick the ace of spades by motorhead for my combat music \m/

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

If youre doing it for personal use then youre be fine (who will know?). However when it comes to distributing the content(in what-ever form), then you will need permission to do so (whether its music, exe files, models etc.). I know Bernd will not allow music from the game to be freely distributed.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@XeNoN, yes I understand what you are trying to achieve and I've seen that V and the progress you have done to it but as I said, modeling isn't what I'm doing, sorry, can't help this time.

You need to log-in to post here.