Merging cockpits with Rougey's mod.

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Merging cockpits with Rougey's mod.

CharlieKelly

CharlieKelly avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Howdy, I'm attempting to merge PSCO1's cockpit mod with Rougey's X3AP mod since flying without a cockpit physically pains me. My question here is can this be achieved by copying the cockpit scene from the cockpit mod to Rougey's mod via X3 Editor 2? Would this change be reversed with any mod update? I'm afraid to ask but would cockpits be included in any future update of the mod?

Also thanks for the website Rougey, this has been an invaluable tool for me and your contributions would be sorely missed by me if you no longer supported the series.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

That should technically work when you merge them together with that tool. Thats how I merged all of mine into one. If the mod updates you have to download and install it manually anyway, so you would have to merge them for whatever version you are using.

CharlieKelly

CharlieKelly avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Wow that would be extremely tedious. Is there anyway i can like replace multiple cockpits in one go or is this the price i have to pay?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Would it be tedious? I haven't tried roguey's mod yet, is it just a bunch of loose files or something? The cockpits should be a single cat/dat pair that includes all cockpits.

So what i am saying is that if roguey updates the mod (i am assuming it is a single cat/dat pair like cockpits are), you just have to download it and get the orginal cockpit mod and merge them again. It has been a while since I did this with other mods though, IIRC it was really simple but you could only do one at a time.

You could just use the fake patch method for the cockpits instead, that would save a bit of trouble merging them together. Does that not work?

Honestly I don't know. I thought he used the cat/dat fake patch method. If it was, it would be trivial to merge both mods into a single archive.

CharlieKelly

CharlieKelly avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Attempting to merge the cats deleted any extra ships in Rougey's mod. I'm unaware of what the fake patch does in relation to the mods. Right now I'm just going through all 454 ships one by one.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there, well it depends what names those cockpits use - if they use vanilla names then you could either use a fake patch (mod, then cockpit mod) or add them in the dat directly (with modmanager).

Fake patching is when you name a dat the next free number (in the main folder). When the game loads in, it will use the last copy of the file (ie. the one found in last dat). This is how egosoft have done updates, by adding them in later dat files.

CharlieKelly

CharlieKelly avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Most of the names are vanilla although some aren't. So i could just rename the dat of the cockpit mod to the next highest number and it would add the cockpits to the game in addition to keeping all of your ships?
I wish i learned that before i got halfway through the ships.

CharlieKelly

CharlieKelly avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

The fake patch method deleted any modded ships in Rougey's mod.

EDIT: Nevermind the fake patch worked. I just used the wrong mod.
You guys are great, you saved me so much time. Just another question though, my x3 plugin manager doesn't want to activate Rougey's mod without me changing the game to vanilla and back. When i activate the mod the change doesn't "stick". Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

might need to run it as administrator.

You need to log-in to post here.