X3AP Mod

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » X3AP Mod

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello, Im new here. I played X-U from a long time. I found myself in a situation where standard gameplay or common MODs are not enough. I have a few ideas that I want to change/add for game. I serched Egosoft forum and I can not find answers for my questions. So finaly I found this site, and Im asking for Your help.

q1 - Im looking for tutorial, info about adding new sectors to the game.
q2 - change / add new - sectors backgrounds and music
q3 - (probably for scripters) is there a way to "detect" using unfocused jump drive usage in specific sector
(ie: if player use UJD in Argon Prime -> effect.

(X3:AP)

(btw Im looking forward to see X3:AP Community Project!)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there, welcome to the site jaml Wave

how much modd'ing/scripting experience do you have?

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hiho Smile
Well, my exp in modd'ing/scripting for X3 is very low (just started), but Im very fast lerner.
I have a nice plot all step-by-step on "paper", also have quite nice exp in creating music/sounds and modeling in
3DS max. I grew up on Purple Motion "demos", and with my old m8s was in scene as group called Dark Legions, so i know a bit of pure assembler coding, BCB C++ (quite advanced)... C#.net .....
I already started making in 3DS 2 ship models and backgrounds (for new sectors). I was doing some research and I can not find nice tutorials or infos about things that Im interested in. Also becouse of a lot of work dont have
enough time do make "deep" search - thats the reason I asked for help.

Ive read some of Your posts and get a little of infos, and Im also inspirated by X3AP Community Project that You started. Im really thankfull for getting Your attention. If there is anything witch i can help - I be glad to do it Smile

I dont want to explain what is in my mind to everyone Wink but If there is a way, i will send PM to You with short explain (it will be quicker) - becouse im not sure it can be realized.
PS. Sorry for my english and chaotic reply (I love red wine)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Woh, someone who knows assembly? my dad used to do a lot of that, awhile back. Well this will hopefully give you some outline of what to do:

Adding sectors

well adding sectors to the game isnt that simple; mainly because you have to do a number of things to get them into the game fully:

- 'Create sector' in the maps/x3_universe.xml file. You can do this with X3editor (the older one, not v2),
- Add the name of the sector to the language file: l/001-L044.xml (44 at the end means english), at page 7.

<t id="1020101"> (1020xxYY cords)

- Then add to the universe in-game map model: 'objects/cut/0749.bod'.

- Add gates to each gate, and link them together with different target id's.

New sectors will only be added to the game on a restart too. There's no way for us to patch-in sectors.

change / add new - sectors backgrounds and music

Music is easy, just copy 'n rename to your soundtrack folder. Use a number after the rest.

as for backgrounds, you need to add to 'objects/environments/nebulae'. Its best to look at one of their's. Any new backgrounds needs to be added to 'types/tbackgrounds'. Then you can change backgrounds in x own galaxy editor.

"detecting" using unfocused jump drive usage in specific sector

Hmmm.. I think there are flags which you could check, however another way of checking would be to edit the actual UFJD code in scripts folder.

Tools

Your gonna need the following:

- X3 ModManager to open cat/dats (zip like files that the x games use),
- X3 Editor for opening universe maps (v2 doesnt open maps).

Both can be found here,

also for graphics editing:

- GMax/3D Max,
- dbox2 plug-in to import/export models in gmax/3d max,
- X2 BOD Compiler to compile and decompile bob's (compressed models),

ie. test.bob (compressed) -> X2 BOD Compiler (decompress) -> test.bod -> dbox2 -> gmax/3dmax

dbox and X2 BOD Compiler can be found here here too (under other),

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Big thx Smile thats very helpful !!!

You need to log-in to post here.