Resetting a plotline

Home Board Index » X3AP » Scripts and Modding » Resetting a plotline

stanbaker

stanbaker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Is there a way to "reset" a plotline? My NMMC/PHQ plot seems to be corrupted, and I don't have any saves that go back prior to receiving the first mission.

Basically, I'm at the "defend NMMC station in Scale Plate Green" mission. But my mission briefing OOS just says:

Defend NMMC Station
Protect: <invalid>

And once I enter SPG, there's no station highlighted by the mission guidance, and the mission briefing changes to:

Protect: object.name@L2M021.1 Object

And I can't move forward in the plot.

Any suggestions? Or is the PHQ now completely out of reach for this game? Which would suck, as I'm over $1 billion and everyone likes me alot, except pirates and Goners.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

It is possible that the station has been destroyed mine was as I entered the sector. There is a pirate base in wastelands next go there Itcould be highlight.Have you not docked? You should have auto save unless you turned it off

stanbaker

stanbaker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Unfortunately, it isn't highlighted. If I leave SPG, the mission guidance keeps SPG yellow and highlights all the gates to go back.

I think I'm screwed.

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hopefully the GOD engine respawns the station for you...
I remember losing Duke's and had no place to buy Software signature scrambler for awhile.
The station was respawned by the GOD engine a fair bit of time later..
Im not sure how that works with plot entities though..

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

The GOD engine will respawn the station given enough time, however hopefully the mission can resume once the station is back. Hopefully its not referencing that station directly.

stanbaker

stanbaker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

What I get in the mission briefing OOS is:

Defend NMMC Station

Protect: <invalid>

and In sector, I get:

Defend NMMC Station

Protect: object.name@L2M021.1 Object

Apparently a couple of other players have had this problem, with the exact same object, and so its been turned over to the DEVs.

Luckily, I run backups of my systems and found a save file from about three weeks ago that wasn't messed up. But it cost me about 750mil and three complexes.

You need to log-in to post here.