Roguey's X3 AP mod?

Home Board Index » X3AP » Rogueys X3AP Mod (Public) » Roguey's X3 AP mod?

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey bro, srry for my absence but im quite interested what will you come up with the mod, i still have X3Editor installed and X3AP, maybe i can be of assistance?
What i can do:
Make new weapons, rebalance ships, add ships, pretty basic :>

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there, any help would be welcomed, as I know how much work is involved after last time. Hopefully we can get a few more people interested, then I can create a new board - where we can talk about our ideas. Ill add a link to the news post, to see if we get any more people willing to help.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi there, of course I would be interested and would help if I'm not already on my own mod right now man! :p

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hey raptor, yea thats fine - I thought you may be busy Smile

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Raptor@
Since you're rebalancing and adding new ships, why dont we just merge your mod with Roguey's one?

Also Roguey, when we finish the mod etc, where will you upload it?
I have acc on Nexus and there's X3TC also with Rebirth, so i can upload it there also, ofcourse there's a neat feature that uploader can add other member's access to the file, including for editing and all other admin feature's plus adding all names of the author's that contributed to it. It's early to think about yea, but what do you think?

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Since you're rebalancing and adding new ships, why dont we just merge your mod with Roguey's one?
- XeNoN

Well, I'm actually improving (not much new content added but improving) everything in the game including:

Lasers, missiles, shields, ships, factories, wares, docks, shipyards, sectors, replacing some models, adding/improving more plots/missions, adding/improving more jobs including Xenon and Kha'ak, bounty hunter, implementing some of the best mods/scripts for compatibility with my mod, new soundtrack IDs for Rebirth music, new music soundtracks, new SFX (for lasers, missiles, ship engines and UI) and more!

[Edit] So I'm not sure if what I'm doing could be (or need to be) compatible with other mods especially heavy mods such as XRM or the mod Roguey is talking about, however has I said will implement some of the best mods/scripts (like "TC plots for AP" mod and "Improved Kha'ak 2: the Revenge" script) for compatibility with mine. [End Edit]

But I can't promise for all of this LOL, this may not be as easy as we might think but I'm trying anyway! Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Xenon I havnt really thought about where the file could be hosted atm. However that Nexus site does sound intresting, can it support files of 200mb+? cos with a lot of models/textures, it could easily reach that number, if I import all the old ships etc. from my X3 Mod.

@Raptor Sounds like we are working on different ideas, but if you want any news posted, let me know. I am always keen to support mod makers Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sounds like we are working on different ideas, but if you want any news posted, let me know. I am always keen to support mod makers
- Roguey

Yeah I guess we are but that doesn't mean each one is on his own, no, if you decide to begin your mod and need some help, then I'll help whenever I can and you too are already helping me. Smile

And I appreciate the offer for posting news, however its still too early to do so, I'll let you know when I'm ready, thank you. Smile

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

When is the mod going to be avaiable for download? Big grin

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Just playing with the universe editor Smile

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am so glad that you are thinking of making a new mod.
As always I would be happy to assist with ideas, I would like to know how far you want to change things as this could be what alot of people have been wanting for a very long time. (especially myself)

If you can give me a vision to aim for then I could provide vast amounts of ideas to ponder over.. You need a plot or story? Then tell me where you want to take this vision and I will think of plot ideas for you..

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Good to hear from you again jjhawk . Well, hopefully with enough people interest it will happen.

as for the general goal, is to change the game into what we/i feel it should be. I do not want to keep to the vanilla rules. Things have got a bit out-of-hand, like spammy missiles, burst fire-rates. etc. IN some ways this as turned the game into more of arcade game, than a space-sim.

The story so far is that the gates went screwy, all of them disconnecting at once. After a short time they re-connected but not to the same places. This forced races to reclaim nearby sectors, making the universe fractured. This fractioning caused the formation of a neutral-zone, that allowed hostile races to get an strong-hold. They now attack and plunder ships that are supplying resources across the map.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I can help you as well. I'm not modder/programist but you can count on ideas/help in adding some music (including X2 The threat songs), space graphics etc.

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks @Martinez90, that would be great.

Done another sector:

Although im probably boring you guys with these now?

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Nah keep em coming bro, Earth looks good, but misses clouds on atmoshere xD (planet i mean).
Let this topic be main topic for the mod?

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hehe jjhawk's 101 guide to creating the perfect sectors (not about looks, but functionality)

1/ Make the gates alot bigger.. what a huge difference this makes, I cannot stress this enough!!
there is a script out there that does this and oh boy.. say goodbye to collisions at gates even with
huge ships coming through...

2/ Asteroids.. place them up or down on the planes and well away from any traffic lanes. No brainer..

3/ Keep stations away from traffic lanes and get rid of the awful terran buidings all together and replace with normal ones. The ai was never built with such huge obstacles In mind..

4/ Bring back internal docking, the teladi trading station method of in one side and out the the other, but allow all trading class and below to dock internally so we can have station defence ships back. Some of the newer ship yards have internal docking like this also..

5/ No randomly spawning pirates, yaki and khaak nonsense unless plot specific... If they are going to invade a sector this way they should be fitted with jump drives like everyone else..

Now to test all this (apart from stations alteration and enemy spawning obviously) I played about with the editor myself a long time ago to test stress on a low end system when In sector and guess what? My newly created sectors performance was far superior to the basic ones. Less stress on ai pathing makes a huge difference to sector performace..

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.