Roguey's X3 AP mod?

Home Board Index » X3AP » Rogueys X3AP Mod (Public) » Roguey's X3 AP mod?

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I have ideas a plenty as you know, but are you going to open a dev forum again to avoid ideas being stolen like station building missions and to this day I am not credited for it, some of Roguey's ideas got stolen and he was never credited for them and I will leave it at that.. I can provide examples of this if people don't believe me too..

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well the first thing is to get a universe together, although this is going to take some time.

as for a hidden board, that as been now created.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yep I have played about with making sectors myself as I mentioned In an earlier post. Even changing the sector names is pain In the rear as I remember... Modding NWN was far simpler and has better default tools...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Another sector Smile

Dillpickle

Dillpickle avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi Roguey,
I may be able to help with MD stuff, if there's ideas/outlines for plots etc...

Picture
Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Dead star sector looks amazing. Keep up the good work Big grin

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Here's another, this time in Glowing Ember.

Oh, and the Yaki Homeland - Ti Yaki;

I know, the trail effects are wrong Smile

Also the current map status can be seen here

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

That's a huge ship in vid 1. What faction does it belong to ?

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

That's a huge ship in vid 1. What faction does it belong to ?
- Martinez90

Its a new Xenon ship, originally made by Crip67 Smile

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It looks amazing. It'd be bad to see tens of them coming at you :P
Speaking of which, are you able to include some sector defense missions which would include huge and epic fleet battles ?

vrod

vrod avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Can a heavy modder add some internal game triggers to activate external DMX controls? If you don't get what I mean, please do a quick search for "Artemis" and "DMX".

The game can trigger external lights and relays based on game events, example, you dock ata station, you get critically hit., lkghts flash, a smoke machine could pulse one...etc.

This would open up lots of interesting possibilities for those wanting more realism in the game. I would LOVE to see this!
(I'm working on a large cockpit room now for X3 and SC.

Ferenczy66

Ferenczy66 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for input but...

one of the things i notice in major mods for TC/AP is that they tend to be top heavy...meaning that add god-awful amount of M6 and higher ships...and they get balanced from that perspective...

This means that fighters tend to become quickly useless...which leads to carriers being useless...

I've been playing with the XRM mod..and although i love its models...that is the one thing that pisses me off everytime i decide to start building a fleet...

(There is a reason carriers are feared in the real world, and regarded as the most dangerous vessels...excluding a SSN or SSBN...ex navy here)

I recently saw a post from some one...

Here's my wish list:

1. Fleet modification tools. I would like to have some controls that allow me to adjust number of ships and the configuration of fleets for all races. For example, if I start attacking an Argon sector I notice that they primarily respond with M6's a few M7's and one or two M1's. The fighters (M3,M4 and M5) are pretty much useless in these battles because they are completely overpowered and outnumbered. Here is an example of the controls:

NPC Fleet Adjustment: Set the percentage of each ship type that will spawn for battles. The total % must add up to 100

M1%: 1 M5%: 24
M2%: 1 M6%: 10
M3%: 23 M7%: 14
M4%: 14 M8%: 13
etc...

Maximum Military Ships Per Race:
Argon: 4,000
Boron: 3,700
etc...

I tend to agree with the author and hope this mod doesn't repeat what others have done

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there Ferenczy66. I tend to agree that the combat in the game was geared to higher tiers; ie. fast arcade style. So what ive tried to do is tie the damage of the guns to that of the craft, so. IRE's are based on a M5 power-level, a PAC on a M4 and HEPT's on M3's etc. using the x5 rule (which is roughly how much the ships scale-up).

How it plays is another question; and hence why I wanted people to test and tell me what they think. I understand that sometimes things dont work to a set formula. I did the first draft of the rebalance is the calculation (there's a post with the excel spreadsheet in the hidden section, for those willing to test). So what I need now is people to test combat and offer opinions.

Ferenczy66

Ferenczy66 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

are you adding optional cockpits to ships?

The premise looks good thus far...verse doesn't seem as huge, with a lot of uncontrolled badlands, which is a plus...

I agree with Jjhawk's #5....

looking forward to seeing how this shapes up..

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.