Having a great time in the mod, a few questions...

Home Board Index » X3AP » Rogueys X3AP Mod (Public) » Having a great time in the mod, a few questions...

AlMckee

AlMckee avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Love the mod, really makes things more open and different.

A couple of questions when you get a chance:

1) Since the original quest lines don't seem to work (so far), how would one get a unfocused jump drive from a fresh start (or my own station for that matter)? I've picked the old dragon start (nice ship BTW). I'm currently amassing my fortune to begin basic trade and station setup. I have the unfocused drive on another save (with an Aran), I'll give that a shot.

2) I've seen a number of animated folks speak up during runs through some sectors, are these pointers to possible quests, or simply a random event that occurs from time to time for color?

Have to tell you I about wet myself the first time I went into the Xenon sector right below 'Black Hole' and saw all the Ks and Js cluster near the gate (about 10). That's going to be a challenge to get through!

Thanks for all the work and time on this.

Al

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

originally the mod was planned to have new plot lines which would of added things such as the unfocused jump-drive. However no MD writers came forward to help, so it never happened. As for the plots they were disabled because they are bound not to work.

As for the random-speech, there is an script which does this - to add a little life to the universe. Hopefully it doesnt happen too much.

As for the Xenon, well im sure they will be dealt with within time.

AlMckee

AlMckee avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks for the reply, I figured as much, but it's nice to know.

Tried a saved file with an unfocused jump drive and it crashed after a few moments. I may try to arrange things to lessen that, but we'll see.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the help you needed. I didn't know about your mod or the effort, I had moved on to another space sim (among other things D3, Skyrim, etc.), awaiting X Rebirth. I was so disappointed with Rebirth that I left the whole Egosoft line for a while. Found the 'Earth and Beyond' server and played that for a while, then moved on again. Noticed my X3 install last week and started a new game. Found you mod, started over again.

I'm a big data architect by trade, but a gamer at heart. I have so many ideas, but getting them to code is the hard part. Kinda wish I was a bit younger, I might try my hand at forming a group to do something. But mortgages, kids in college, I think I'll leave that to others...

Good luck on your future endeavors, and thanks again for all the work you've put into this website and all the game support. It's very much appreciated here.

Al

You need to log-in to post here.