X3AP Mod install on Linux

Home Board Index » X3AP » Rogueys X3AP Mod (Public) » X3AP Mod install on Linux

wibou7

wibou7 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Does anyone has a way to install the mod when running X3:AP on linux? The steam linux version works flawlessly BUT does not seem to support mods (wth??) : http://steamcommunity.com/app/2820/discussions/0/828939163753910395/ .

I tried to activate the mod as a "normal" addon (by renaming the .cat/.dat to 14.dat/14.cat, that's it) but it only seems to work partially: the universe map is changed but there does not seem to be any additional features activated, no different start scenario, nothing.

Any advice?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

well the mod wasnt written for a particular platform, just made for X3AP. If the mod isnt working how it should, then im sure its something egosoft's didnt do whist porting the game to linux. like the missing the mod button. Maybe there could be duplicate files outside the dat's, ie. files in folders outside the X3AP root path. If its like the Windows version, these take precedents over dat files.

wibou7

wibou7 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the mods itself, I found numerous reports about the "add mods" button doing nothing on the linux version... the workaround is to copy the cat/dat file on the rootpath but it does seems to work with your mod, I got the feeling it's too complex or that some stuff (such as the "start stories" are only activated when a real mod is added.

Still I'm wondering if somebody found out a way... I got the feeling the "add mods" button probably just add a line in a config file somewhere that I can't figure out.

In the mean time, I have the mod running on another (slower) computer running Windows 7, so at least I can try it Smile

You need to log-in to post here.