randomly connected sectors?

Home Board Index » X3AP » Rogueys X3AP Mod (Public) » randomly connected sectors?

slinkyjosh

slinkyjosh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Does the mod reconnect different sectors randomly? I searched the forums google and everywhere I can think of and still can't find a map that can show me where I am. None of them even have any of the sectors N of Elysium. Elysium has no eastern gate either. Restarted under a different scenario and ended up in "new lyrea" with TT to the east but the rest of the sectors where made up names. Anyone know what's going on?

I'm running LV's cheat code and Cycrow's plugin manager. With a custom built i7 22gb ram 106" projector etc... but it's not a hardware problem

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

im guessing you are using the X3 Mod for X3?

if you are using the X3-Mod, - there should be only a south gate to Treasure chest, and a north gate (if a restarted game) to Goner Hope of Elysium of light.

btw nice hardware - 106" screen eh? Smile

slinkyjosh

slinkyjosh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I had the mod installed at one point but thought I removed it. I'll recheck when I get home. The N gate is something else entirely and the E gate is TT not South but same difference I guess.

Thx I'm about to upgrade and join it to a 40+ computer and 3 rack server cluster bridged with my neighbor's hardware soon. 106" main screen and 2x 24" monitors mounted on swing arms all centered around my recliner. Cool

Oh and I only added the cheat script after the issue. Needed a fleet of disco's to explore and see what's going on.

I removed all mods and scripts except rod's and still have the same issue. I'm limiting myself to "argon peacekeepers" now for the purpose of testing. Still having the same problem. I remove the RodMod and everythings normal. Also I don't get the starting mission when modded but I do when unmoded. I'm about to start beating my head against a wall over this one

[Roguey] compacted posts to a single post.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

any chance you could post a picture or so? so its much easier to understand whats happening?

The mod does not randomize sectors (although some buyable sectors dont have gates until purchased). The map should look like the vanilla with a few extra sectors (the zip-file should contain a full map).

Sorry, if not not being very helpful but im having a hard time understanding whats happening.

slinkyjosh

slinkyjosh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I can when I get home but basically it creates a different universe. Some sectors I recognize but are in the wrong location, and most are completely wrong. Seems consistent though, I'll restart and see the same sectors in the same locations. Also sometimes when I click on a gate the voice will say something like "argon prime" when it is really "loyalty moons" or something. The unrecognisable sectors seem to have less stations than normal and are usually pretty big. When I remove your mod everything works like it should. I'm about ready to give up but I'll try messing with it tonight.

Picture

Just uninstalled and reinstalled ap and still in in an alternate universe. I'm done messing with this for now, it looks like a good mod but I don't have the time to mess with it this week. Thanks

[Roguey] compiled posts together

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

after looking at your picture, it looks like your playing X3TC or X3AP? If youre playing the X3 mod, then its bound to have problems with X3TC/AP, as it wasnt meant for that game. Similarly I have a X3AP mod for X3AP. I can tell the picture is from X3TC/AP because the icons are on the left, not at the bottom.

ps. the sector loyalty moons is nothing todo with me, as I never made it.

slinkyjosh

slinkyjosh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

So I think you're saying that there is a AP standalone game and a AP upgrade from TC. You mod is designed to work with the standalone but not the upgrade. (which I have) Is that correct? If so that would make sense. Kinda curious where Loyalty moons came from but ultimately doesn't matter.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

There are two mods I have made; an X3-Mod and a X3AP-Mod.

The X3-Mod works with X3: Reunion (the standalone game after X2), found on my X3 site.

Whilst the X3AP-Mod works with X3: Albion Prelude (the add-on to X3: Terran Conflict). Found on my X3AP site.

In the picture you posted, it looks like your playing X3TC or X3AP but you posted this into my X3-Mod board.

If you are mixing mods with games, then its bound to cause a lot of problems.

slinkyjosh

slinkyjosh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

X3: Albion Prelude is what I'm playing, and I'm using the X3AP-Mod. I'll uninstall re-download and re-try just to be certain. I have Reunion but have not played it. I had tc already then bought and installed the gold box from stream. Thanx for the quick responses and advice

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Ah, well you posted this thread into my X3-Mod board - so I thought you were getting the two mods mixed up or something.

The X3AP-Mod has its own new universe to explore, which can be shown here (around 320 sectors) - its not randomly generated. Because how egosoft packed X3AP, you may get the wrong sector names called out, but the text should all be correct.

slinkyjosh

slinkyjosh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Oh wow that does explain it. When I get into Reunion I'll try it out then. Thanx you kept me out of a straight jacket.

You need to log-in to post here.