Give us your gripes

Home Board Index » X4: Foundations » Give us your gripes

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 5 years ago.

Hey folks, so the game just released and we gotta work on finding out everything about the new universe but that'll probably be on another thread. For this one, I wanna see some of the things you guys dislike about the game so far. Its an X game so we all know about the stellar learning curve the games usually have.

One thing I'm really not liking right now is the pop-in. I'm trying to fly here in a brand new computer with enthusiast grade components and i'm having asteroids and stations pop in practically in front of me. the stations aren't a big problem, but when i have an asteroid pop in a few km away while im in travel speed, it can get hairy

Picture
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Well they already patched a couple of the bigger problems I had with the game.

Right now the AI is still horrible. I mean, Bill Cosby horrible. Pathing is a nightmare, combat AI is stupid and your turrets aim like Mr Magoo without his glasses.

I see many simple scripts with the AI that flat out break over time. Automining works for a few runs, then my pilot starts spinning his ship like he is in Jita IV-4 and bored.

The universe seems a little small, but at the same time everything feels less connected. Maybe over time that will change.

Overall I really do like the game itself, and can't wait to see the future.

You need to log-in to post here.