I think I might need some directions or something

Home Board Index » X4: Foundations » I think I might need some directions or something

Warchild

Warchild avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 3 years ago.

Playing X4 has been a tri0p since I've been able to actually play the game. First got it when it came out but I was out of the country working, so I wasn't able to play. Got Split Vendetta when that came out an now Cradle of Humanity.
I like what they did in the expansions so far. Was hoping to see Boron returning to the game but ok, perhaps next time. I mean, we have all the factions except for the Boron...so...lets get on with it :P

Anyway, my question is this...
Where are the Yaki pirates? Someone said thay might be around Savage Spur, but I never saw them there once. Then someone else said they were around Getsufune, again nothing.
I went all through those areas and found absolutely nothing.

Are the Yaki connected to the alternate starts or something?
I'd hate to think that I'd have to completely start a new game.

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the right direction to find them That would be awesome Big grin

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 3 years ago.

They are indeed in Savage Spur. Can't go through the Getsu Fune route though, which im assuming you have found the broken super highway, have to go the other way through Matrix #79B I think it is.

Just a heads up, they are very hostile in existing games ive found. I had to go in and clear them out because within moments of loading my existing save they started attacking my stations and other various assets like miners and things. They are neutral to Xenon and Kha'ak apparently.

TBH I find that very sad, I don't know why they are -30 from the start and I guess i'll never find out. However I did one of the CoH starts, the explorer one and they are neutral then so at least you can interact with them without having to destroy them outright. In X3, they are neutral or just below so they don't attack like Xenon instantly. Not sure what prompted the change to make them incredibly hostile to you at the start. If anything, you would think they would be friendly considering their current situation, which i'll let you discover.

Warchild

Warchild avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 3 years ago.

They are indeed in Savage Spur. Can't go through the Getsu Fune route though, which im assuming you have found the broken super highway, have to go the other way through Matrix #79B I think it is.Just a heads up, they are very hostile in existing games ive found. I had to go in and clear them out because within moments of loading my existing save they started attacking my stations and other various assets like miners and things. They are neutral to Xenon and Kha'ak apparently.TBH I find that very sad, I don't know why they are -30 from the start and I guess i'll never find out. However I did one of the CoH starts, the explorer one and they are neutral then so at least you can interact with them without having to destroy them outright. In X3, they are neutral or just below so they don't attack like Xenon instantly. Not sure what prompted the change to make them incredibly hostile to you at the start. If anything, you would think they would be friendly considering their current situation, which i'll let you discover.
- Sinxar

I ended up finding out about them from in game. Never saw a single Yaki ship though. As soon as I started my game, I already had the HQ station built and suddenly there was a mission to keep it so to speak.

Did the mission for Feynman and eneded up treking to earth, which everyone seemed to be having trouble doing and then solving the lever puzzle, that everyone seemed to have some irritation with and then the great escape from Sol Sector and after everything was all done and I got to keep the nice new fighter I'd been flying. I actually looked at it and the design was "YAKI" so yeah. Then some research and found that they were out in the game.

So.. friendly or not...I want some more of their ships :P

I'm not adverse to hijacking them or making pilots bail from them. They already hate me :P

Oh and I found that starting a new game actually made it easier for me to find them. There was a whole raiding party that flew through Argon Prime where I'd been refitting a couple ships.
Its a shame really. 5 ships were flying through and they mysteriously disappeared without a trace. Hmm...very sad :P

You need to log-in to post here.