Update to universe map.

Home Board Index » X4: Foundations » Update to universe map.

DelboyJay

DelboyJay avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 months ago.

Hello! Wave
There appears to be some incorrect information regarding the Cobra Split frigate. From what I can tell it is only available from the Wretched Skies V Family Phi » Split Wharf owned by the [ZYA] and not in Heart of Acrimony II » Split Wharf which is owned by the [FRF]. I haven't managed to get to Zyarth's Dominion IV » Split Wharf yet so I cannot comment on that. Could someone double-check this for me please and if I'm right could we update the web page, please?

Also, could I request to put the three-letter name of the faction in the sector map just as a convenience to save us from looking it up in the game? And as a suggestion could we have a filter on the universe map so that we can filter by a faction name and see the sectors usually owned or tend to have stations by the said faction?

This is a great site so thank you for spending the time to create and maintain it!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 months ago.

hello there and welcome to the site Wave

well I did a quick check (on the site) and it appears the ship is owned by the Split race (well.. I know that, but I was checking in-case it says a faction). So unless I missed something, I think it should be correct. Although more comments on this would be great.

As for the initials, I have added those to the sector maps - as requested.

The filtering of the map could be done; but not sure about doing the sort by owner station (would be easy enough to filter the current map by faction and redraw). However filtering by owning stations would require a lot more work - load in the whole map, go through it and build a filter.

Maybe I could add something to the faction pages; like stations owned by faction? I might need to shorten the list (see how it goes), like sectors with stuff owned by them, as the list may grow really long listing each station.

DelboyJay

DelboyJay avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 months ago.

Hey Roguey,
Thanks for taking the time to have a look at this. Smile

I think their site information might not be detailed enough on this one. :thinking

If you click on Heart of Acrimony II » Split Wharf and select Buy ships, then Choose "Size M" and then drop-down the "ships" menu "Cobra" is not listed at all but your Cobra web page says it is available there but there is only "Dragon Raider - Corvette" listed. So it looks like although you are correct in that ZYA and FRF are the split race the Cobra is indeed faction specific and is only available from ZYA faction Wharfs and not FRF faction Wharfs. At least this is what it looks like to me from what I'm seeing in-game.

For the filtering, I totally appreciate the complexity that these things can bring being a developer myself so no worries just throwing the idea out there. Mainly, I just wanted to see at a glance on the universe map page where a faction tends to own a sector at the start of the game.

As for a faction owning stations in a sector, this was just a general top-level thing so for example in "Heretics End" for my game the SCA and HAT have one or more stations there so if I chose "show me the sectors with a [HAT] presence" for example then it would be cool if "Heretics end" was highlighted on the universe page. Doing it at a station level I agree is way too complicated and probably wouldn't be used that often. But again just throwing the idea out there, no pressure. ;-) :-D

| As for the initials, I have added those to the sector maps - as requested.
You're a Legend Sir! Roguey supporter

Thanks Again!

DelboyJay

DelboyJay avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 months ago.

Ah sorry forgot to mention, I found another small bug on the Weapons page /x4/weapons/.
When you initially go to the page the column sorting works perfectly but if you click on the Turret or Weapons radio buttons after that then column sorting no longer works. Changing the weapon class has no impact on the column sorting so that works perfectly.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 months ago.

Hi there,

Ah sorry forgot to mention, I found another small bug on the Weapons page /x4/weapons/.When you initially go to the page the column sorting works perfectly but if you click on the Turret or Weapons radio buttons after that then column sorting no longer works. Changing the weapon class has no impact on the column sorting so that works perfectly.
- DelboyJay

Ah, thanks for reporting. When you select a different type (weapon/turret) the table is rebuilt. sortable wasnt re-initialized after doing so. That should now be fixed.

If you click on Heart of Acrimony II » Split Wharf and select Buy ships, then Choose "Size M" and then drop-down the "ships" menu "Cobra" is not listed at all but your Cobra web page says it is available there but there is only "Dragon Raider - Corvette" listed.
- DelboyJay

I had a look today, and I think I may know why one wharf was listed when it shouldnt of been. I am getting the owners, ie. Cobra = court, split, then doing a search in god.xml (select->faction). One faction is called freesplit, so it was finding the word split within freesplit. I have now changed instead of string postion, to a string equals. Egosoft have done some weird stuff in their code, so allowed the option for a station/object to be owned by multiple factions. I guess that doesnt happen, so an equals should be fine. Ship/sector pages have been fixed now (station names had an extra defence structure string). Anyway, hopefully everything is better now.

ps. I Know one of the shipyards in Zyarth Dominon IV, is an shipyard_split_warforge_01 with the constructionplan of spl_shipyard_warforge. I am not sure how this affects things. However its a shipyard and not a wharf, so shouldnt affect the cobra - maybe needs checking into?

Thanks Again!
- DelboyJay

No problem, its good to see everything working and fix them bugs. I dont like having bad information on the site. I know how annoying it is. Im only one person, so I rely on people letting me know when theres something wrong.

The site has recently moved to another host and the code/design updated, so there's bound to be some issues.

You need to log-in to post here.