X4: Timelines

Home Board Index » X4: Foundations » X4: Timelines

Shi_Man

Shi_Man avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 7 months ago.

I felt kinda dissapointed that it wasn't a Rebirth related DLC, yet I feel intrigued.

Opinions for the Timelines (color proposed for Roguey)?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 months ago.

hi there, well doesnt sound like it will be out for awhile but looks interesting. Ill post some news, let others know and link to this post if anyone wants to talk about it.

As for the colour, its possible to use Smile

AceMonster

AceMonster avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 5 months ago.

Looks good - I hope they do something about the UI clutter and Save/load times; like put it on a background worker thread instead of the UI thread Smile

Shi_Man

Shi_Man avatar
Posted 3 months ago.

Beta 7.0 is available since yesterday (AFAIK), and Reddit have shown some juicy stuff to capture :p

https://imgur.com/a/ZiH4nCD

amitersharma

amitersharma avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 3 months ago.

Thanks for sharing this.

Shi_Man

Shi_Man avatar
Posted 1 month ago.

@roguey - July 20. - Release Date.
X4: Timelines and X4: Foundations 7.00 Update to be Released on June 20, 2024

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 1 month ago.

@roguey - July 20. - Release Date.X4: Timelines and X4: Foundations 7.00 Update to be Released on June 20, 2024
- Shi_Man

Thanks for the heads up Smile

Shi_Man

Shi_Man avatar
Posted 1 month ago.

Soundtrack of Timelines arrived since yesterday.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kzFgIbeJ8I4s7zzlX0tJrb7Q56og6P5ms

Aseron

Aseron avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 1 month ago.

Hey Rougey, I'm pretty sure that all of your data for the Frontier Shields are wrong... based on what I've seen when I go into the custom gamestart and try to use them, they are among the weakest shields out there (certainly not an abnormally strong 7,500 hp for the small shield).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 1 month ago.

Hey Rougey, I'm pretty sure that all of your data for the Frontier Shields are wrong... based on what I've seen when I go into the custom gamestart and try to use them, they are among the weakest shields out there (certainly not an abnormally strong 7,500 hp for the small shield).
- Aseron

Thanks for letting me know, having a quick check there appears to two S shields with the exactly the same name. When looking at the two shields, one has the word _story_ in it. So If I mark that one different, you should see both. You may need to clear out your cache files for it to appear.

Aseron

Aseron avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 1 month ago.

One other thing I noticed is that none of the new timelines weapons seem to have been added to the weapon pool. At the very least there are two new weapon types (and at least one turret type) that have been added for the terrans.

One other thing I noticed is that the Odachi is supposed to have two turrets, not one.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 weeks ago.

One other thing I noticed is that none of the new timelines weapons seem to have been added to the weapon pool. At the very least there are two new weapon types (and at least one turret type) that have been added for the terrans.One other thing I noticed is that the Odachi is supposed to have two turrets, not one.
- Aseron

hi there, sorry for missing the Timeline weapons - those should be now on the site. You may need to clear out your cache for them to appear in the ship lists etc.

as for the missing turret on the Odachi (ship_ter_m_corvette_02.xml), Egosoft had empty space in one of the parameters;

group=" "

This parameter tells the game if this turret/weapon etc. belongs to a group. I was simply checking to see if turret contained this parameter; ingoring those with it set (we were looking for turrets, not turret-groups). Now with the code slightly adjusted (to ingore whitespace in parameters). Hopefully this works correctly, please let me know if any ships suddenly have extra turrets etc.

Shi_Man

Shi_Man avatar
Posted 4 weeks ago.

Hmm.. I thought that Chimera is available since Split Vendetta, right?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 weeks ago.

Hmm.. I thought that Chimera is available since Split Vendetta, right?
- Shi_Man

ah, well spotted - the one in the list was an scenariofighter, and not the split DLC one. This has now been corrected. If you notice any more, please let me know.

Aseron

Aseron avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 3 weeks ago.

I could be wrong, but do mk2 and mk3 medium-sized frontier shields actually exist? At least when I try to modify the Odachi in custom game creator, I can only find and use the mk1 medium frontier shield.

Also, the Astrid’s shield seems to be missing from the list.

Shi_Man

Shi_Man avatar
Posted 3 weeks ago.

Also: Terraformer/Xenon Plasma Beam M (at least) and Nail Gun are missing.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.