Map for X Rebirth

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » Map for X Rebirth

JohnMcGoldrick

JohnMcGoldrick avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey has done an excellent work with all the help he has given for those who have just started X Rebirth, I was just wondering if there was any other way of mapping the universe, so that you could see every where at once. It was so much easier in the other X games to have a printout of the whole universe and see where you were and where you needed to go. I know it is more difficult now because of the way the game has been made.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there,

When building the maps I did create a version that displayed all zones, sectors and clusters on one page, however this turned into a giant mess - hard to see as it required a much higher resolution to see clearly. So rather than carry on with it, I decided to use their idea and keep the maps separate. For me having separate clean maps was better than a few over complex ones.

JohnMcGoldrick

JohnMcGoldrick avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks for the information. Is it possible to see, or have a copy of what you tried to create, just for interest, or have you not kept it?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well it was an early version, that didnt look right. The spacing is relative to that of how it is in-game.

Picture

It may look better if it was just sectors and zones, rather than clusters and sectors.

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi John, Roguey
Hope you don't mind me butting in, I found a map download that you can print off, it is a bit simple but may help a bit, It's not as detailed as Roguey's but there isn't much you can do on one page I guess.
You can get the map here: http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/227/
Rgards Mav

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

true, that map could be useful for those wanting to print one out. Although hopefully you understand why I did it in sections - to make it less confusing.

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Abosolutely Roguey, not trying to take anything away from your map.. it's far more usefull as par as the info on the sectors is concerned.
This one is purely for print off, personally I had your map up on screen two when I could play the damn thing... lol

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking

You need to log-in to post here.