New Here...2nd Post

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » New Here...2nd Post

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I finally put my X3TC game on pause and registered. I've played TC off and on since it's release. Never played any X3 games before TC. The game I'm presently playing (vanilla) has claimed more than 50 (game-time) days of my life since July. I've lurked and used the information on this site for many months. BTW, thanks so much Roguey for *writing and* adding the new Missile Guide!!!

I have a separate (off-line) computer that I play TC on and use my laptop to keep several windows open for the reference material offered here.

I'm Chuck. Live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, in the SE of the U.S. I like to refer to this side of Florida as "the other West Coast" ;p

My present "battle fleet" consists of a Titan and a Python. I fly a Tiger, and own 2 Panthers, along with a group of five M6's and three M8's.

My "commercial fleet" includes two Elephants, a Mammoth, two Mistrals and too many various sized Caiman and Demeter classes to count (about 2 dozen).
My passenger ship is an Iguana Vanguard.

Keep collecting M4's and M3's, including some Xenon, but my favorite to own and fly are the two Blastclaw Prototypes I have in my fleet.

I am getting ready to setting up my own stations/complexes, as I've started the HUB mission.

Guess that's all for now.
See everyone on the boards....

Chuck

*edited for incorrect information*

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi Chuck, welcome to the site Big grin Nice to have new people coming on.

My present "battle fleet" consists of a Titan and a Python. I fly a Tiger, and own 2 Panthers, along with a group of five M6s and three M8s.
- cjm3fl

Like the idea, my fleet consists of,
One Titan,
Two Collosus'
2 Minaeteors
3 Centeurs
and One Pheonix

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hey Chuck,

glad the guides have been useful - although I wrote the missile guide and wathman00 did the weapon guide. I did the missile guide has I found all the missiles very confusing at first: so I thought ill look into them and try to explain what they do.

The old titan seems a poplar choice. I had one in my fleet until Boreas offered by OTAS in X3TC. As for a TL, I used the Atmospheric Lifter (more details how I captured them here).

As for Florida, what it is like there atm? cold? hot?

anyway, have fun and let us know how you get on! Beer

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

How embarrassing....seems I was looking at the wrong window (add red-face smilie...here). That's always a problem when I have so many windows open at the same time.
Sorry about that...either way, both have been very helpful as guides for fitting out my ships.

Weather...well until the other day it had been really warm...OK...it been HOT for a number of weeks, for this time of year. Now, it's pretty cool. But it's still warmer then many parts of the U.S.
Outlaying areas will be close to freezing tonight, but will be back up to bar-b-q weather by the weekend!

My Titan (Heaven's Reach) is a fine ship, slow but a power-house. I call her in when I'm trying to clear out a Xenon sector. Most times I have her blocking/guarding a jump gate(s).

I'm sure I'll get along just fine here...as long as I pay attention to who wrote what (add the red-faced smilie again) Wink

p.s.: I edited my original post. Can't have some noob throwing around bad information Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

np about the guides, although I did just want to correct you on that Smile

as for the weather, sounds better than ours here - England. We had a poor summer (barely managed to get higher than 20) and random winter. One moment its cold'ish another not too bad. It changes from day to day.

as for the Titan, have you looked at the Boreas?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

***weather report for my part of Florida***
By Tuesday night/Wednesday morning it will so close to freezing that I will think about moving to Cuba to find warmth again.

As for a Boreas. Yes, I've been looking at one for some time now.
My plan (presently) is to own three M2's. Each will be named after a book in a trilogy by one of my favorite sci-fi authors. I have two right now.
My Titan = "Heaven's Reach".
My Python = "Brightness Reef".
I think a Boreas would be a great "Infinity's Shore". The question is, do I buy one or try to steal, I mean capture, one as you did?

I have enough credits to buy one, and a M7M. With plenty of weapons and missiles to properly outfit two capital ships. Just need to finish up something first.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Sounds like variable weather you having? this year it hasnt came close to freezing here, however during the past 2 years we had a lot of snow. It seems the weather is very changeable wherever you are in the world from year to year.

as for boarding a boreas, I wouldnt recommend you try that straight away, go for something easier like a M6. The M7M is the best way to do this, as flails keep the shields down, and a few board pods launches your marines as like missiles. The other way is kicking the marines out of the airlock and hope they catch up the ship in a spacesuit - takes ages if they dont get shot.

You need to log-in to post here.