Ahoy fellow X gamers!

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » Ahoy fellow X gamers!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello all, long time X fan here, been playing since I spotted the X2 demo on the 'free' discs you used to get with PC gamer :p

I'm 32, live in southern England about 40 minutes from london with my wife and daughter. I'm an old school gamer, I still play table top RPGs (D&D, Exalted, Vampire etc) with my gaming crew when we get the time, I'm an avid Magic the Gathering fan, but i also play a couple of online games, Planetarion being the main one I guess. I currently own X3:R and X3TC but I had to sell my X2 some years ago Cry

I don't like connecting my games machine to the internet (something always breaks when I do!), so no steam, and therefore no AP or Rebirth for me...meh Wink

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi! Welcome to Rogueys forum!

Ah I used to love M:tG, tends to get boring when you have no friends that play though lol. I used to play a tabletop RPG, released by Iron Crown Enterprises - MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing). I had some great fun with that back in school, but never could afford the D&D stuff.

Anyway hope you have fun here Smile

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey Sinxar, I see your posts on the Egosoft forum a lot recently Smile

I remember MERP, isn't that the one that had the ridiculously convoluted character generation system?

I don't get to play M:tG very often, even my wife doesn't play any more, but I still have my collection, including my rare card folder (currently bulging with all my 6th Ed and later rares). On the occasions my gaming crew manage to get together we play a few rounds of Magic before laying into a 10 hour + D&D session \o/

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey Sinxar, I see your posts on the Egosoft forum a lot recently Smile
- Kirlack

Yea lol I picked up TC with AP. haven't played Reunion in a long time. I'm getting near done with TC, though starting to get bored (3rd playthrough).

I was trying to get my post count up so actual newbies take me seriously when I give advice on some game features, sadly it didn't work. the vets still insist it takes 5 doctorates to even begin to comprehend the game in its most basic form, which is simply not true (also applies to Eve Online). But if it makes them feel better about themselves, to each his own i guess.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there and welcome to the site/forum Wave

It seems there are a few from England here now, and I too hope you enjoy the site(s).

I personally dont like registering online games, but its came a long way from what-it was. One bonus is we dont need to mess around with discs any-more - which was a pain if you were switching between discs. There is an disc release of X3AP, although you need steam still.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Haha, don't worry about the 'vets' too much, there are those of us who simply love to play the games Wink

I spend most of my time writing for the Creative Universe forum anyway, but I make an effort to extend what I know when newbies come asking. Other than that it's just about debate for me. I don't mind if someone thinks I'm wrong, after all, the X games are designed to be played the way each player wants to. If there were just the 'right way' of doing it, we'd all be very bored of talking to each other after 8+ years! :p

EDIT: Heya Roguey, thankyou for the welcome Smile I know there will be a disc release of AP, but since it will still require steam activation I'm going to give it a miss. Might just download the XRM mod and play TC with that installed for a bit instead. If I could get TC to run on my laptop I might be tempted by AP/Rebirth, but it's not up to the job, so I'll just keep the games machine steam free and use the laptop for chatting Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

very true Kirlack, there's no right or wrong way in X, just some prefer to do it certain ways. Thats why there are so many options in it.

Anyway, I wouldnt judge someone's knowledge based on post count, often mods/admins/developers post very little. Normally they are busy with things, such as developing or keeping things running. I bet for example Bernd hasnt posted too much personally.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well, I don't read every post, hell I don't even read every topic (I do have a life ya know :p ), but in the 8+ years I've been a member of that forum community I don't recall ever seeing a post actually by Bernd lol

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yo! Welcome to then site.

very true Kirlack, theres no right or wrong way in X, just some prefer to do it certain ways. Thats why there are so many options in it.
- Roguey

Could not agree more, when i start a new save I have never done the same thing twice.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

However I bet Bernd does poke around on the net from time to time. I reckon mainly to see whats the community saying/doing.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Aye, that's probably true, considering TC and AP have been very heavily influenced by various community made mods/scripts over the years (the Mk3 trade script for instance, originally written by Lucike, or the RRF mod which is now a fully integrated part of AP, orginally created by LV), so I guess the Egosoft Devs must take what the community say/think/want into account.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

That makes me wonder if any of the egosoft staff look at this site... hard to tell, unless one says so.

You need to log-in to post here.