non-famous lurker on your site

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » non-famous lurker on your site

Java

Java avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

I came to the x series about three months ago and have religiously abused the information on your site. I'm a huge fan you see. I played xbtf(55min),x-t(can't get it to work on steam! Anyone have the same problem? 64bit window 7 maybe?),x2tt(33hr),x3tc(76hr),x3ap(147hr). I can't imagine the agony that most of you have experienced from waiting for X Rebirth, I'm currently dying and it's only been about two months since I found out about it. My favorite fighter is the Argon Eclipse: good shielding, readily available, heavy fire power, in a fleet they look like looming death to fighters who have no business attacking my Teladi Terns.

P.S.
If it seems that I have a lot of time on my hands, it's because I'm a college student who doesn't work at all *I love it*. I'm working on a degree in Computer Science and there is no way I would ever change my major. I have a number of things I need to realize through computer code *delirious glance*. The name Java is a reference to my heavy abuse of coffee, not the programming language. I'm more of a C and C++ fan, though I am a novice. I don't think there is anything more interesting in all human knowledge than Computer Science.

Java=characterCreator(arrogant,original,clueless,outOfSync,temperamental)
Java

Java avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh, for some reason I didn't thank you for this site in my introduction. That's the reason I registered, was to thank you! I really can't tell you how much I appreciate all the work you put into this. It's like wikipedia for me. Yes, my interests are a little narrow however well refined.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi and welcome to the site Wave

I also run Win7 (64bit) and the steam versions of X2/X-BTF run fine. When you say: they dont work, what happens?

With X Rebirth, well I cant speak for everyone - but got a bit bored waiting. No information has been posted for ages, no release date and nothing has been really explained in great detail (there are some scary changes to the whole gameplay). All there is some random picture every so-often.

I am very sorry to hear about your bad news. I guess there isnt really much I can say to help Cry

Glad you like the site, all the best.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Welcome Java.
Glad to see another coffee-lover on the site.

Most of my fleet consists of Split vessels, but Argon ships come in second. I have a few Eclipses 'winged' with one of my Carriers...very effective Guns

I am very sorry to hear about your bad news.
- Roguey

I think it's not what you think it is, boss...at least I hope.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Java

Java avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey Guys Smile

What bad news are you talking about? Not being able to run X-T? Funny thing is that I can play the game which immediately proceeds it. Anyway, I open the program and the program immediately crashes, black window, windows search for a 'possible solution online' option, the works. I felt strange mentioning it as I didn't want it to be a negative reflection on my skill. However, I haven't fixed the problem yet so I thought that perhaps someone else had an answer, if not I'm sure it's fine anyway: I will figure it out. (what bad news?? **rereads post**)... Oh, I'm not literally dying haha. I apologize for being ambiguous with such a serious claim.

I'm pretty hopeful for what X-Rebirth will contain if it isn't canceled for some unknown reason. I love space games, I got into them with Star Control II and have been fascinated ever since (I got into SC2 about 6 months ago). I'm not going to be upset about additional time spent on game development which goes to good use, though in fairness I've only waited a few months. I'm not fond of how some of the proposed ideas might play out, but I trust that the changes made to the game were purely done so in order to attract mainstream attention, streamlining I think it's called. It looks pretty, fewer sectors, bigger space, it's a new X game, it will cost me about 40 USD, pretty much summarizes my take on it.

To be honest I haven't quite mastered the building of complexes, so my money supply is generally around 90-120 mil or so from my automated merchants in the case of X3TC or stock market in the case of X3AP. My fleet is small and I haven't experimented with even close to half of the ships that I could potentially own. That is not to say that my fondness for the eclipse is shallow, it's just an easy ship to make a fleet out of early game, to say nothing of the perceived fear it generates in my soon to be decimated enemies. I'm very fond of the gameplay in the X-series, though like many, I do wish there were some improvements in several areas. It sure beats the hell out of solitaire though, not sure how many hours some people have put into that game.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I appreciate your responses. Know that I am well and potentially very irritating. Also Roguey, I really am appreciative for your work on the site, it's all very useful, so my thanks should be taken for granted. I'm going to get back to my House M.D. marathon, if you haven't watched it because of mainstream attention, I'd recommend giving it a trial run anyway. It's very well put together in the opinion of this humble hypo-manic.

I'll see you guys soon on the forums.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

What bad news are you talking about?
- Java

In your first post you wrote: I'm currently dying and it's only been about two months since I found out about it.

Im pretty hopeful for what X-Rebirth will contain if it isnt canceled for some unknown reason.
- Java

I would be if ego started posting some news and that. The whole being quiet thing doesnt help anything.

To be honest I havent quite mastered the building of complexes
- Java

Building complexs takes a lot of money, and in the end they recover thier money. The best thing with a complex setup correctly is that it works constantly in the background, producing money without having to worry about it usually. You dont see the real money until you make them self-sufficient - they require no resource, as they make everything themselves.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I appreciate your responses. Know that I am well and potentially very irritating. Also Roguey, I really am appreciative for your work on the site, its all very useful, so my thanks should be taken for granted.
- Java

Irritating? what by asking questions? ... isnt that the point of a forum? anyway, np on the welcome. Glad you like the site. Its good to hear something positive from the site after the recent attack, which used a ton of my bandwidth. Whoever did it was trying to force the site to shut-down.

You need to log-in to post here.