Sector X, Y Co-ordinates incorrect in X3TC 'Stations Section'

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Sector X, Y Co-ordinates incorrect in X3TC 'Stations Section'

MarCon

MarCon avatar
Level badge (2)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hi Roguey,

Just a note to say that the sector co-ordinates that are listed for the sectors in the X3TC Stations section are 1 out. Eg, Ringo Moon is showing as 1, 4 when it should be 1, 3. The Co-ordinate numbers start with 0 rather than 1, ie Kingdom End is 0, 0 rather than 1, 1.

Just been looking around and would like to say congrats on the site and layout, it looks very good.

If i have posted this in the wrong place please feel free the say so and let me know where it should have gone.

MarCon

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there and welcome to the site.

well.. both cords are correct (often some programs/files start at 0, others at 1).

I personally start from 1, 1 because we have no negative numbers and looks better to me (ie. 1,1 is first row, first column). 0,0 sounds like the middle of the map which is not the case. To be honest the X-Universe should start from -32 to 32, -24 to 24 if we using cords correctly - that way we could fragment the map into quarters.

I could change the cords if you really think it will be better although the whole site db starts at 1,1.

MarCon

MarCon avatar
Level badge (2)
Posted 13 years ago.

Just pointing out the discrepency is all. If you want to leave it as starting from 1, 1 so be it. I do think you should put a note in a prominent position to this effect to let people know if you leave it as 1, 1 start position. Many have become accustom to the 0, 0 start.

Yes the 'X' Co-ordinate system in general is a "Creature all of its own" :-) .

I just noticed it due to your 'Light of Heart' being 8, 8 and i thought, no its not, 'Unknown Sector' next to 'Montalaar' is 8, 8 (I have many assets there Smile ) hence i looked at the other listings.

And, thanks for the welcome, great way for me to start, with a ... um ... discrepency report.

MarCon

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

I was just about to say that the easiest way for me would be to add a note about this Smile It would save from confusion. Big grin

any more questions, please let me know.

[update] the note should be added now.

You need to log-in to post here.