[X3TC] What happened to the ships DB for X3:TC?

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » [X3TC] What happened to the ships DB for X3:TC?

mouser

mouser avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

The nice easy-to-read separated ships menu is gone (M3 vs M3+, M7 vs M7M), as well as the option of comparing three ships Cry

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there,

what do you mean about separated ship menu? I guess sort by class?

as for the compare, it could be re-added. I wonder how much use it would be with browsers support tabs and windows?

mouser

mouser avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

You went from nice easy to read titles for sections to small radio buttons where the (+) ships are lumped in with the rest of their larger class. As for the ship compare - I'll admit I haven't been playing that many hours, so a lot of the information is still fairly new to me, but I found the ability to see three ships side by side like that very helpful in figuring out how to spend my hard earned profitsss.

Yes, I could open up three browser tabs, but then I have to navigate to each ship, and keep switching pages. The pull downs let me compare several ships quickly - whether in one class or in different ones. I could also keep one or two and compare a 3rd, or find a group of three ships that I thought would work well together. Taking it out just seems like a step backwards unless there was some compelling reason for it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You went from nice easy to read titles for sections to small radio buttons where the (+) ships are lumped in with the rest of their larger class.

Well since the section now uses game-files, there is no actual + class in-game. So its not really possible to do without making extra code, which will limit the code. I know its not ideal but hopefully isnt too big of a deal, since there is a lot more information on the pages now.

As for the ship compare - I'll admit I haven't been playing that many hours, so a lot of the information is still fairly new to me, but I found the ability to see three ships side by side like that very helpful in figuring out how to spend my hard earned profitsss.

I can see how it would be useful todo. I will hopefully bring back the compare feature. Its just ive been an bit busy with the release of the X3AP mod.

mouser

mouser avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

You went from nice easy to read titles for sections to small radio buttons where the (+) ships are lumped in with the rest of their larger class.
Well since the section now uses game-files, there is no actual + class in-game. So its not really possible to do without making extra code, which will limit the code. I know its not ideal but hopefully isnt too big of a deal, since there is a lot more information on the pages now.
- Roguey

Fair enough - but as it is, the page is 'sparse'. In fact, by the time I scroll down past the banner ad to see the 'news' and other sections on the side, the whole radio button line has scrolled off the top of the page. Just my personal opinion (and old school paper publication layout design) speaking, but way too much white space for my taste.

You should also have the page check to see if a button is selected when the page loads. As it is, clicking a ship type, selecting a ship, and then hitting 'back' requires you to choose a new ship type and then the one you were looking at again (since you can't choose a radio button that's already filled in).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I got rid of the flash on the X3AP ship pages. I saw it wasnt being resized correctly on IE - plus as you said, it took a lot of the page up (which lead to a bit of blank area).

with the reloading via the back button, that is strange. as both IE and FF that happens for me. what browser are you using?

You need to log-in to post here.